Seekings Recommendations for Conveyancer, Tradies and RE agent (selling)- Wyndham Vale

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Never giveup, 19th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

Hello All,

We are planning to sell our IP in WV sometimes next year. Lease with current tenants ($380 pw) are finishing in Feb 2020.

Property was built in around 2012 and is in good condition but with normal wear and tear just want to make sure it is in tip top condition for sales - we want an experienced tradie to visit and quote us for painting internally and anything else that can add value.

There are multiple RE agencies in the area and I was hoping to get some recommendations (tried and tested) as word or mouth goes long way.

I am sure every RE agent has diffetent fee structure with marketing etc. given that we are in NSW -need someone who is prompt and have good track record of selling.

Also is it worth selling without or with tenants?!

Happy to hear your suggestions as well.

KateAshmor likes this.
  2. Thomacino

Thomacino Well-Known Member

Why not an independent valuer to tell you what the property is worth?

Depending on your area and value of the property, a current market will set you back $4-600 without the hard sell of an agent.

3. Never giveup

Happy to explore the option however an independent valuer may not be able to quote/do trades work or conveyancing and sell my property.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Nor will an agent. An agent lists, spiels & deals. A conveyancer does the transfer of title and a builder will price the remedial works.

5. Never giveup

Hence seeking recommendations for all three-
    Conveyancer, Tradies and RE agent

I don't think there is any statement that tells 1 person should do all three!

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You're right, no one said that, they wrote it! :oops:

Last edited: 21st Nov, 2019
  7. MikeyM

MikeyM Well-Known Member

You’re not helping. The OP is clearly looking for 3 different services not a 1 stop shop solution.

I really can’t understand more experienced posters need to pick holes in threads / posts.
    This is a learning environment / source of information.
    I normally wouldn’t say anything but I am tired of seeing people get shut down or told to go do further research themselves.
    You may be tired of seeing posts seeking help or suggestions however, I would suggest that if you have no value to add, don’t post.

So the thread is not derailed any further, I would suggest checking out Hocking Stuart.
    They are more expensive but having looked at numerous properties in that area, they presented the best properties and sold for the highest price.
    They are very aware of the local market and given the volume of new properties in the area, you will need to stand out imo.
    Based on the above, I would be selling without tenants too. I’ve always been put off slightly when looking at properties with tenants in it.
    You can’t complete the maintenance items without disruption or present the property in the best possible way (staged), so as to get the best price.

Rich2011 and Never giveup like this.
  8. Never giveup

9. Never giveup

Only thing that I am contemplating is if someone interested to buy a property but not movingbin straight away and this property is coming with Tenants then they don't have to waste money looking for one and thwy will get $$$ from day one!!

10. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

The way we look for an agent is to look at what sells in the neighbourhood that is a similar property (you need to go to the opens to get an idea of what condition the property is in).

If the result is good, we get in touch with that agent.

The Y-man

Never giveup likes this.
  11. The Y-man

Actually, most selling agents have a PM department and their associated tradies, so ironically they can assist ;)

The Y-man

12. The Y-man

There are several difficulties - as a buyer I know I can get a low price for tenanted properties because:

1. cuts down the number of people looking by a big portion (I reckon 70%?)
    2. opens are not as easy to arrange
    3. The tenants are not required to keep the place prisitne during opens.
    4. You could be liable if things belonging to the tenants go missing/get broken during the open
    5. If the buyer's didn't want to move in straight away they would simply make an offer with a long settlement.

The Y-man

Last edited: 27th Nov, 2019
  13. The Y-man

...Hmmm that's going to make it harder for you to go to the opens I mentioned above. Nevertheless, you can go by the photos on the adverts.

The Y-man

14. The Y-man

@Never giveup

Another way may be to organise trade quotes through your current managing agents.

The Y-man

Never giveup likes this.
  15. Never giveup