Seeking design advice for PPOR

Discussion in 'Development' started by Rockstar, 10th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 6993

6993 Active Member

We try to avoid box gutters as much as possible unless there is no option.
    Let us know if you get stuck.

2. Rockstar

Rockstar Well-Known Member

Had some fun up at the site today taking photos from the elevated living areas. Our friends purchased the block next door to one of our sites so we shared the hire cost of $200 for a cherry picker. Our architect can enter these views accurately into archicad to refine the window positions.
    Handy tool to have! DSCF5265.JPG

hobo, Sackie and Westminster like this.
  3. mitchwho

mitchwho Member

I would personally avoid these. We have used them a few times for different jobs (I am an Estimator at a Window/Door Manufacturer) and they have been nothing but troublesome.

They might vary from supplier to supplier, but we found the product quality quite lacking. Locally-made Venetian IGUs units are also quite expensive, otherwise you need to look to getting them from China.

This all depends on the window system you have used.

The aluminium is usually the biggest culprit in energy loss - especially your standard sections, compared to the glass. There are now products on the market that alleviate these issues.

Most window system suppliers should have a thermally broken system available these days.

4. Turbo_C

Turbo_C Well-Known Member

Super cool! I need to do this still with my block, i assumed there might be some sort of mini drone solution available these days, is using a cherry picker the industry norm? Seems cheap

How has the positional data from photo/view point been acquired? Did you just use a laser measure against landmarks or GPS on the camera location?

5. Rockstar

Rockstar Well-Known Member

Hi Turbo, We plotted the position the photos were taken on the survey plan and measured the distance to the ground with a tape measure. All of this data was accurate enough to enter the views into archicad. This is the first time we have used a cherry picker for this purpose.
    Our plans are taking shape and I'll post the updated version when they come through.