NSW See Change and Steven Ryan - lets hype Sydney thread

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by See Change, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren A

Darren A Well-Known Member

I don't take your posts personally.
    As a matter of fact I like reading your posts
    because you present an alternative point of view but you always seem to regurgitate some bad news story(macrobusiness). Who never do anything but promote and wish for economic hardship for this country.

No I don't have an apartment in Telopea but I do have investments and a ppor in a coastal suburb of Sydney which have done and continue to do quite well.

Now the question is when and what type of assets are next to see a huge gain?

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

That's a pretty unfair characterisation in my view. I would challenge you to find a site/analyst which has a better finger on the pulse of the Australian economy and the difficulties behind and ahead of us. Many of the themes they've written about have come to pass while the MSM "analysts" do little more than write about past.

What assets, businesses or property will perform well with a lower AUD over the medium-long term even in the face of lower economic growth?

3. Darren A

Darren A Well-Known Member

This is the million dollar question. Property cannot be leveraged to the same extent like it was(thanks to APRA and others) which was it's big drawcard and money spinner. It is very interesting and exciting times ahead of us. Where will the herd go I wonder?

We have gone off track of what this thread is about.

4. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

57% auction clearance

5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

10% drop? Which report says that? I live near Telopea. There aren't that many apartments unless you include housing commission stock. A quick glance at Re.com they seem to be around the prices in Dundas and Dundas Valley.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I think we'll see prices falling month on month (at Sydney median level) very soon, falling year on year sometime in 2016. Lots of negative forces this time (foreign buyers will slow with new laws, local investor sentiment turning, apartment glut, little room for rate cuts, tighter lending), I'd expect a larger price decline from here than the one from the 2003 peak.

The link showed an example of a comparable sale with a 10% fall in price for the complex. Perhaps one apartment just had a significant feature that made it worth more, I didn't see it though...

Sold Price for 4/15 Robert Street Telopea NSW 2117

4/15 Robert Street Telopea (2 bedroom unit) – Sold $630K – 24/9/15

Sold Price for 10/15 Robert Street Telopea NSW 2117

10/15 Robert St Telopea (2 bedroom unit) – Sold $565K – 4/11/15

7. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

PF states $610K for 2/15 Robert St. on 14/8/15.
    No. 4 appears to have been renovated while No. 10 isn't. $65K difference in 2 months. Different types of buyers perhaps? Anyway, Telopea has so much new stock and it's not even funny...the corner of Adderton and Pennant Hills will have heaps of apartments on the market soon.

8. Shadow

Shadow Well-Known Member

The first one is bigger (compare the dimensions of each room), has a bigger deck, and is finished better - nicer kitchen, floorboards instead of carpets etc.

9. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

also note, the cheaper one has only 2 internal photos versus 6. most likely in a below average condition and justifiable for the price difference.

10. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Really changing times rapidly in Sydney now!

I stopped buying in 2012 and didn't hear boo from any agents proactively since then... until this past few weeks... I've had TWO agents call me in the last two days alone!

One whom I bought from in 2012 (offering otp small developments, inner west) and another I bought from in 2011 (who has since moved into a completely different area of Sydney, but kindly thought to call me to flog hi-rise CBD OTP apartments... :/....)

11. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Clearance rates should be pretty atrocious today (well, in the dying areas at least) with the sheer volume of stuff that was due to go under the hammer..stay tuned.

RM1827 likes this.
  12. datto

datto Well-Known Member

How the Druitt go?

My financial freedom depends on this area keeping its head above water.

Gingin and lightbulbmoment like this.
  13. RM1827

RM1827 Well-Known Member

Sydney 58% Melnourne 66%

Bentley likes this.
  14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Wow, clearances falling very quickly.

15. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

We are getting into the silly season. Santa is in the shops and typically there is 3kg of junkmail in the letterbox each week ( usually 1kg ).

MTR likes this.
  16. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

Would be interesting to know the clearance rate by region. I think the west would be like 40% or less.

17. RM1827

RM1827 Well-Known Member

18. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Last edited: 28th Nov, 2015
  19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

BB I have to agree....whilst the median may not move much due the time lag...the prices people get will be significantly reduced. On the North Shore the difference could be as much as 500k....mind you this is on 2.5m plus homes.

That is the leading indicator....the crazy prices are probably being paid by people who have no idea. It will get tighter when the banks change their policies on Western Sydney...that is when the contagion will spread....in the end people who bought early on the cycle should still have 50-70% more than the value of the real estate post boom.

The people who bought mid or late in the cycle will probably break even or will have to wait for the next cycle to get their money back.

20. pokeutopia

pokeutopia Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Nov, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.