Security door on Strata unit

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by MyDarlinghurst, 22nd Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

shalom to you all

just wondering what the Strata laws are in NSW on having a security screen door on a apartment.

however there are plenty in my large building with the normal security diamond type door but i am after a steel thick door you see on terrace houses.

is this legal or MUST I get a normal security screen door,is there any policy in NSW?

I recently had people who tried to talk to me in my building floor ,they knocked on my door at 10pm probaly hearing my TV.
    I OPENED THE DOOR CAUTIONALLY AFTER looking thru the peephole and a bogan middleaged australian woman and her i guess teenage kids asking me where the gym and pool are?

they said they were from the country renting next door AIRBNB

I asked them if they think i am a information service before slamming the doors in their faces.
    i prefer to be separated with bars when talking to these types

Last edited: 22nd Jan, 2018
  2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Get a house instead?

3. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

You may need to get approval from the bodycorporate. Have a look at your bylaws or give the bodycorp manager a call and ask about the door...

4. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

i do not talk to this man or these people !
    i ignore them.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia