Sectional garage door/opener help/recommendations?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Mike_D, 8th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mike_D

Mike_D Member

Hi guys,

Looking at adding a sectional double garage door to a property i just acquired, been doing a lot of reading on the openers/motors and a few of the well known garage door companys. Seems like they all have mixed reviews on service/quality, was hoping to get some opinions from people who have installed or purchased similar in the past few years? Hard to find current info and feedback online.

Anyone had much dealings with BnD? or their motors such as "control-a-door" or other brands like "Merlin whisper drive MT3850 EVO" etc? Any good recommendations on other garage door mobs? I'm in Perth WA so any info close to home would be very appreciated. Thanks!

2. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

B&d are the best and cost the most. I'm getting one installed Monday for 3200.
    Go for a merlin or b&d opener

3. Mike_D

Mike_D Member

Yeah they seem to not have too many complaints on quality. When you say a B&D opener, are you just referring to the standard openers they install with their doors? because on their website under "sectional door openers" there are only the "control-a-door" models shown, are these their standard B&D openers or do i need to specify i want a different one?

Last edited: 8th Jul, 2016
  4. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Yes standard. They make their own openers