Secret to Making Millions in Property

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by PropDir, 17th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. No_Limits

No_Limits Well-Known Member

Didn't make sense to me at first read. Now it does, but it assumes
    A) you can keep recycling into mew things hat will do better than what you are selling
    B) the growth on what you buy will exceed the growth on what you sold by a big enough margin to overcome large transaction costs
    C) you/your broker is a wizard with financing as you keep substituting securities etc.

Car tart likes this.
  2. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Car tart is a real genius for making money .
    I think the average bloke could never dream of this success.
    Lesser mortals that do not have these skills may will stick to a different way of making money. Like buy and hold.:rolleyes:

spoon likes this.
  3. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

No I’m not brainy or educated. I’m a great numbers man and I used to be a workaholic.
    My three daughters (33,33,34) have followed the steps and they don’t have a great amount of time as they are workaholic business women. I learned from trial and error. They learned by watching dad. (I’m 60)

I have posted before that I think this is the toughest market ever to buy great deals in.

Cousinit, spoon and No_Limits like this.
  4. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Anyway great admiration of your knack and talent in property! :p

5. No_Limits

No_Limits Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, tend to believe a lot of stuff is possible with enough energy and perseverance, and it sounds like @Car tart has killed it. If you can do it, it's like supercharged compounding. Instead of say buy-hold long term 8% growth through multiple cycles, you keep scooping the cream off every 5 years on specific plays, so say you're doubling that. And yeah great point it is still taxed less than income, circa 25%, so working these deals is still more efficient than working a PAYG.

If you're like most mere mortals, you might have a great property, cash it in to re-deploy, never find the same sort of opportunity, sit on the sidelines, watch as the market gets away from you..

Cousinit, Car tart and Beano like this.