Second hand patio roof

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by The lucky duck, 22nd Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The lucky duck

The lucky duck Well-Known Member

I’ve found a removal house where the patio roof deck roof is for sale. Is it worth moving this?
    How do I arrange a cheap patio 5 x 4 m

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

A contractor who installs may advise on the dismantling. Day/s not hours may be involved + transport + reassembly. You should expect paint and surface damage unless you wrap with plastic as it is supplied when new.

Council approval ?

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

How much is selling for? I sold a triple carport for our son before they did a major renovation. Several interested buyers, and the guy who actually bought it wanted detailed numbering on all the beams and rafters. We spent hours drawing up mud maps, numbering things, taking loads of photos. He arranged for it to be collected. I think they got $1200 or $1500 for it.

Months later, he emailed me to say he couldn't get council approval so couldn't use it, and wanted me to help him resell it. Pffffftttt!!!

I was in Europe... was able to find the email with the dimensions and photos of it before dismantling, sent them to him (he would have had them still anyway) and said best of luck.

We also bought a nearly new Ikea kitchen for one of the houses we had to lift and slide. It took three very full trailer loads to get to the house, everything carted up the stairs and into the house. Builders had to work around it and we were told that for about $10k we could do a brand new bespoke kitchen with stone tops.

We would have been paying two builders to reconfigure and make it fit anyway, so we weren't really saving much.

So I resold that kitchen for what I paid, and someone came from Qld country to collect it. I still feel guilty about hubby, one son and his girlfriend and me all carting so much kitchen up those stairs, and it was just a complete waste of time and energy.

End result for me... not worth doing. Go new, get it made to fit.

(But for so long we couldn't have afforded the extra $5k for the new kitchen, so in the early days we had no choice really.)

Scott No Mates likes this.
  4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Well said wylie. Couldnt agree more.

5. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

If it was a Stratco unit you could disassemble and reassemble easily enough.
    Otherwise it would depend on it's age and construction.....