Second bill after central heater repair?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Tony66, 30th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tony66

Tony66 Well-Known Member

hi all, wonder someone advice me what should i do with this situation?
    A plumbing company repaired and serviced the central heater in my Vic IP in August 2017.
    Had to replace the Bonaire combustion fan in addition to the service. Initial quote was 674/- for both.
    Quote was verbal to my PM and I have checked the same with the plumber before going ahead. My PM clearly emailed me the quote amount after discussion with the plumber.
    They have sent invoice for 650/- after all the work done and my PM paid that from the rent in September.
    After 3 months gone, last week they have sent another invoice for 160/- saying that it is for service which was not agreed upon.
    The fan cost 255/- brand new and I thought 650/- was the right price for replacement and service.
    My PM wants me to pay off the 160/- but I feel it is unfair to charge extra after few months.

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

If you have the quote from the agent, I would want to pay that and nothing further.

Is the extra $160 service something that happened the same day? Even if it was something that needed doing, they should have not gone ahead without at least asking your agent on the day.

3. Tony66

Tony66 Well-Known Member

Thanks Wylie.
    Yes. Originally all I wanted to service the heater as it was noisy.
    After inspection, they said need a replacement of combustion fan. Replacement and service all quoted as 674/ but it was a verbal conversation with my PM. PM emailed me the amount which stated that 674/- for a new fan replacement and the service.
    I spoke to the plumbing company before going ahead and agreed that 674/- was okay.
    Only thing, they didn’t give me a written quote, which is not my fault as well.

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

So what work did they do for the extra $160 now being sought?

5. Tony66

Tony66 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Thanks and all sorted.
    Once they saw the initial email communication, they apologised and asked us to disregard the recent invoice.
    It was a good thing, that i didn’t delete the email.
    Thanks for the advice and I was about to pay the 160/- !
    160/- was a just the amount they thought I would be happy to dish out for no reason.

Tranquilo likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia