VIC Seagrove Estate, Phillip Island

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by alicudi, 1st Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. alicudi

alicudi Well-Known Member

I will have to contact my agent, who did you buy through?

2. alicudi

Are you 100% sure it was a balcony from a house in Sandpiper (you now have me excited like a car salesperson from an 80's tv commercial!)? If this is the case I have no doubt whatsoever I will be able to achieve at least some basic form of water view going a double storey.

My block has approximately 20cm of fall with the lowest point at the front and highest at the rear and it is the front of my block that faces the water direction, the road width passing the front of my block is just slightly lower than the front of my block and then the blocks across the road from me drop a further 1.2 metres to 1.4 metres approximately (a 3 metre drop for them would have been nicer for me!) so if they all build double storeys it will mean I will only see some glimpses if standing on an upstairs deck etc but if they all build single storeys and I go a double storey I might get something impressive, if anything else it just means my periscope won't have to be as long to see somewhere interesting!

3. Cross

Cross Member

If your block lines up with kedah road or the caravan park will be your best chance I reckon, or build a flat spot on your roof to climb onto.

Might have to get a little remote control drone or just a big ladder and just check it out.

Attached Files:

alicudi likes this.
  4. Faye Thiele

Faye Thiele Well-Known Member

Hi Lexi I have Lot 635 Wallaby Grove and I am building with Simonds if that is any help.

5. Faye Thiele

Thanks Cross for the photo. I am building in Wallaby Grove.

Cross likes this.
  6. Faye Thiele

I am building with Simonds (Brad Martindale).

7. Faye Thiele

Hi Alicudi I am building with Simonds (Brad Martindale) and already have fixed price for my site costs.

alicudi likes this.
  8. Cross

Cross Member

What quote were you told, I've had quotes from $10k to $20K?

I have been told most blokes are coming up "h" class which means a good +$8k compared to a "m" class slab, I may have to wait for titlement to get a Geo report, to suss out more accurate site costs.

9. alicudi

My experience and knowledge of the building industry is that an offer of fixed site costs before titles occur can often be dearer than if you wait for actual site costs to be determined but you will have to wait for titles.

Yes you are correct by waiting for a geo report to determine accurate site costs will also put you in a position to shop for the best deal between builders with a fine tooth comb.

10. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Just spent the weekend down in Cowes. Took a look at property prices like I usually do - and wowsers - things have really gone crazy down there.

Regular 'holiday house' houses seem to be around the $600k mark and you can easily pay $800k for a decent one you'd be happy to live in all year round.

Really makes me wonder what's going on with the Melbourne market - surely this is not sustainable and is overheated. My 2c anyway.

alicudi likes this.
  11. johnmteliza

johnmteliza Well-Known Member

Look at Silverleaves with an increase of $225,000 to a median house price of $740,000 within 1 year. The median today is likely higher but there is no data for March 2019. It was only $470,000 in January 2017….(a $270,000 increase within 2 years)

silverleaves.png
    Rhyll also had a $140,000 increase in the past 11 months alone to a median house price of $680,000 last month. The median house price was only $290,000 in January 2017. Thats a $390,000 increase within 2 yrs and 2 months.

rhyll.png

The spill over effect has really strengthen the Cowes/Silverleaves/Rhyll area on the north-eastern coastline of Phillip Island around Swan Bay/Western port bay.

Smiths Beach is also hot with a $650,000 median as of early last month. The median was only $480,000 11 months ago (a $170,000 increase in less than a year).

The 4 bedroom median house price in San Remo was $746,000 early last month as well. I suppose the rest of Phillip Island has been playing catch up with San Remo in the past year! All Corelogic data.

san remo growth.png

12. alicudi

Hi all

Has anyone got any update on Seagrove estate and preferably any extra information on Firetail Grove in the Final release?

To Lexi: have you received any further updates on Seagrove since your March 2019 update?

Kind regards,

alicudi

13. Faye Thiele

Hi Lexi, I have Lot 635 Wallaby and the easement is now 2M which you may or may not know.

14. Cross

Cross Member

Hey gang,
    I was down at Seagrove last weekend, it still seems like a very slow process, hopefully the bronzewing release is nearly completed and that money can be put into the next stages.

Street signs, lamp posts, cross overs are all completed for bronzewing.

Attached Files:

Faye Thiele and alicudi like this.
  15. Cross

Cross Member

Hey gang,

Latest email snapshot, titles due 3-4 weeks for bronzewing release...

Attached Files:

alicudi likes this.
  16. alicudi

Any update for when titles are due for the "Final Release"?

17. Cross

Cross Member

That update was from my conveyancer.
    I'm not sure what delays my release had, but it's been a good 6 months from when the curb/road started for titlement. Let's hope your release goes faster.

18. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

Hi everyone!

It’s been a while since I’ve been on so my apologies for not replying.

I received an update today. I’ve attached for anyone interested.

Enjoy, Lexi

Attached Files:

Rodeoklown540 and Cross like this.
  19. Rodeoklown540

Rodeoklown540 Member

Thanks for posting. Land sales office and everyone else isn’t giving any updates so appreciate it

Lexi likes this.
  20. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

SUNSET CLAUSES / SEAGROVE UPDATE

Ok ... an update on Wallaby Grove (Stage 15). It’s looks like there are some issues with the NBN/Telstra so the settlement of Nov has been pushed out to Jan/Feb. This date sits right on the sunset clauses (I.e. purchaser or seller has the right to rescind contract). I have started the process of solicitor advice to see if an amendment to the contract to extend this special clause can be done. This will cost a few thousand dollars but may be worth the peace of mind. Anyone else in the same situation?

Any advice from anyone who went past that date on early releases?