VIC Seagrove Estate, Phillip Island

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by alicudi, 1st Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Your welcome, if lockdown goes longer than the extra 7 days & you want more photos of your build progress let me know. Wendy

2. James Millward

James Millward Active Member

Your too kind, thank you.

Polly likes this.
  3. James Millward

Frame is now officially complete, the site supervisor having just sent through some more photos. Next stage is the roof, hoping to be allowed back to the island before that happens. assuming this lockdown is finished tomorrow.

Polly likes this.
  4. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Fingers Crossed

5. Brendon

Brendon Well-Known Member

@Polly @James Millward I know both your properties are to live in but you’d have to be happy with how the prices are going.
    The growth over the last 6-12months has been amazing.

Polly likes this.
  6. James Millward

Have to admit the growth has been an added bonus, although the down side to that is the inevitable increase in the rateable value of the property. The island in the past has been quiet slow on growth, but with building land availability on the island becoming harder to find, the resultant price increases shouldn't really come as too much of a surprise.

Polly likes this.
  7. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi James,
    Been down to see your house build I suppose, are you happy with the progress?
    Wendy

8. James Millward

Hi Wendy,
    We popped down briefly on Saturday to to have a look. Very pleased with the progress so far. Should be at lock up by the end of August according to our new site supervisor Kim. Which will be great, as opposed to Lockdown which is never good :) Hope to be down again sometime next weekend.

Polly likes this.
  9. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi James,
    So it’s moving along quicker than you were originally told that’s great, you’ll love living down here, walking your dog everyday. We just adopted an 8yr old Miniature Schnauzer who loves going for walks 3 times a day!! Or should I say he walks me, ha ha.
    Wendy

10. James Millward

Hi Wendy,
    Hoping it carries on as well as its going. Great news about your adopted Dog, that will keep you on your toes. We have had some sad news regarding our Chocolate Labrador, she's been diagnosed with hip dysplasia. so we can walk her but have to stop her from running too much. Easier said than done, especially when down on off leash beach. Even Saturday, she pulled up crying, when playing with another Labrador on the beach. I think she's recognising her weakness as she stopped and laid down, where in the past she would continue, but end up crying and unable to stand. Vet says that she will eventually need to have a both hips replaced, but doesn't want to do it yet as she's only 2 1/2. so on daily anti-inflammatories.

Polly likes this.
  11. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Oh that’s sad, so young too, it’s hard to stop them running like you say. I’ve heard rose hip oil powder is very good, they have a Facebook page that you can order through too. Might be worth a try?
    Wendy

Attached Files:

12. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Oh that’s sad, so young too, it’s hard to stop them running like you say. I’ve heard rose hip oil powder is very good

13. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Found this about a lab with hip dysphasia who was put on the rose hip powder.

Attached Files:

14. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

I just drove past your house, your spouting has gone on today. Wendy

15. James Millward

Great news, I did manage to get down this morning as I was down that way with work . As we're back down in lockdown, not going to be able to visit at the weekends. Good news that you will be free again from midnight. Hopefully it wont be long now until the roof goes on and the brickwork is started.

16. James Millward

Oh well, yet another extension to lockdown, so over this. At least the build seems to be progressing. Looks like we were lucky with our frame and roof trusses, I see that others are now being given official delay notices of 6 - 8 weeks due to the on going timber shortages.

Attached Files:

Polly likes this.
  17. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi James,
    Went past your house tonight when I was walking our dog & your Colourbond roof is finished ✔️ nice colour, is it surf mist? Wendy

18. James Millward

Hi Wendy,

Kim our site supervisor sent me an email yesterday as well confirming the roof was now complete. The colour is Colorbond Basalt, same as the guttering, facia and down pipes. He said that the solar panels and solar hot water panels are going on today. Doesn't look like i'm going to be able to get down for at least another week and potentially longer as we don't know when this latest lockdown is going to be lifted again :-( Thank you Wendy, your updates are most welcome.

Polly likes this.
  19. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi James,
    Yes the colour Basalt looks really good, let me know if you want me to take some photos for you or maybe your SS is doing that for you anyway? If not I’m happy to send you some. Isn’t it frustrating this lockdown, we were in the same position as you last year with our build.
    Wendy

20. James Millward

If you can take some photos, that would be very much appreciated, as Kim our site supervisor hasn't sent through any. Totally agree, these lockdowns suck and are so infuriating.

Polly likes this.