VIC Seagrove Estate, Phillip Island

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by alicudi, 1st Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! We haven’t been able to make it down lately so hopefully all is going well. I’ve heard that quite a lot of houses have gone up in the last 6 or so months. We’ve just sold our place so, hopefully, we’ll be building soon too (16 Wallaby). Have a safe and happy summer! And hope you’re feeling better Faye.

2. Faye Thiele

Faye Thiele Well-Known Member

Hi nice to hear from you. It’s been very quiet of late. I have now had handover of my house (18th Dec). I won’t be moving in until mid Jan. But will be taking boxes etc of course before then. I can’t get my carpet done until then, along with concrete. Sooo many house have shot up you won’t know the place. Congrats on the sale of your house. Who are you going to build with? Keep in touch please. Slowly getting better thanks. Cheers Faye

Polly likes this.
  3. James Millward

James Millward Active Member

One step closer to having our new home built on the final stage of Seagrove. Amendments to our plans have been completed, just waiting on final costings which I have been promised for mid week, and then hopefully site work to start 4-6 weeks. Will it be completed by Christmas this year? SJD feel confident it will be fingers crossed.

4. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi James,
    How exciting for you, we moved into our house in Nov 2020 & love living in this estate, we are in Firetail Grove, we were in the final stage of the estate too, what street are you building in? Wendy

5. James Millward

hi Wendy,
    We're also on Firetail grove, No. 10 (plot 674) We've been having Jim's Mowing keeping the grass down for us. We sold our home just before Christmas and moved into a rental in Berwick in February. Really looking forward to moving in. Very impressed with the estate and its location, not too far from town and easily walkable to the beach.

6. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi James,
    We are number 23 (656) Firetail grove you are the opposite side up near Kookaburra Circuit, there is a house being built next to your block at the moment a Metricon build same as we built with. Who are you building with? Wendy

7. James Millward

Hi Wendy,
    Our block is one door up from the Metricon house currently being built. Were building with SJD, a single storey house 28.8 Sq, A slightly modified Charleston design, the opposite way round to that shown[​IMG]

8. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi James,
    Very nice home.
    I’ve never heard of SJD Homes? Lots of different builders in the estate I haven’t heard of before either.
    Good luck with your build hope all goes well for you, we had a great build with Metricon very happy with our house.
    All the best.
    Wendy

9. James Millward

Thanks Wendy, SJD are a smaller building company based in Officer, we have never built before, but liked the design and the reviews we have seen on the whole seem positive. I think it's like most companies, it really depends on who the site manager is and the contractors that they use. Time will tell, but very pleased so far.

10. Faye Thiele

Hi James, welcome to Seagrove Estate. I think that you will be very happy here. So far have met a few residents and they are all friendly. I live along Wallaby Grove which runs parallel to your street to the north. I have heard of SJD and I believe that you will have a good builder. I have met Wendy who lives just around the corner from me. I look forward t meeting you at some stage. If you have any questions about the estate, feel free to ask. Best of luck with your build. Regards Faye

11. Faye Thiele

Hi Lexi, when do you start your build? And who are you building with. Congratulations on the sale of your house back in December. Houses are shooting up everywhere, so it’s a changing scene all of the time.
    I’m loving my house and enjoying living on the estate. Lovely and quiet (lets hope it stays that way.) cheers Faye

12. James Millward

Well we are another step closer to starting the build we now have a building permit issued and a job No. SJD advise that were still a good 2 months from actually starting :(. Exciting but also frustrating, they are saying that even once the ground works have been completed and the slab poured, there could be further delays as they wait for a site foreman to become available. Oh well the joys of choosing a smaller builder. Hopefully I'll post some photos once ground works start, looks like we will be in the middle of winter for the build. The Metricon house one door up will definitely be completed before we even start.

Polly likes this.
  13. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi James,
    That’s exciting for you at least it’s going to start. Yes I think the smaller builders take longer to complete a home than the larger companies. Ours through Metricon took 13 weeks to completion, but it’s all about the design & style of the home you want & who can build that for you that’s why we chose Metricon & it’s probably why you chose SJD Homes. Happy building all the best. Wendy

14. James Millward

We had a lovely day down in Cowes today, great to being able to use the off lead beach for our Chocolate Labrador. I noticed that the block next to ours (12 Firefail Grove) is up for sale with OBriens, just checked and its already under offer at $420,000.00. Wow that's more than doubled what we paid 3 years ago!!

Polly likes this.
  15. Faye Thiele

Hi James, Faye here. I did build with one of the smaller builders here (Aspire) and the build from site cut to hand over was a tad over 3 months. My daughter also started her build on the same day with one of the major builders here and hers was finished 1 day before mine!!! So no rhyme nor reason as to How long each individual builder In the time that they take. Some seem to take forever (and they do) maybe because owner builders or whatever but many just pop up in no time. So go figure? And gasp gasp!!! yes the price of land is unbelievable here. I believe that is has reached its peak and will not go any higher by much more. (Me just saying).

Polly likes this.
  16. James Millward

Very exciting news, well its is for us we now have a site cut date of the 8/6/2021, and we'll be under way with slab to be pored on 2/7/2021 :)

Polly and alicudi like this.
  17. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi James,
    How exciting for you. So many houses going up in Firetail Grove at the moment & nearly all Simmonds Homes too, I think there is one Aspire Homes & one Arden Homes being built too, but majority Simmonds. I’ll be able to watch your home being built from site clear etc. All the best, Wendy.

18. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi James,
    Drove past your block this morning & saw that they have put the fence up around your block, so thought I’d take a photo for you. Wendy

Attached Files:

James Millward and alicudi like this.
  19. James Millward

Thank You Wendy, especially as we are still in lockdown here in Berwick. Hopefully the cut will start tomorrow. :)

Polly likes this.
  20. Faye Thiele

Good news James.
    Hey Wendy, you know that I am the official Seagrove photographer for those that are in lockdown. ;) (Oh well I guess I can pass the baton to you.) It will be nice for us all to catch up and say Hi soon!!

Polly likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia