VIC Seagrove Estate, Phillip Island

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by alicudi, 1st Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi Faye,
    Thank you so much for taking these photos of the roof for us, it looks great love the colour I chose. I emailed my SS this morning about 8.30am & asked if he could send me photos of the roof, nothing ☹️ so I’m so grateful you have done this for us
    Yes I think all homes have waffle slabs now, is your house big? Ours is only small compared to a lot of homes in the estate, we even had to extend ours to get it passed to build it on the estate as the house alone not counting garage or outdoor rooms had to be 15 squares or more.
    Again thank you

2. Faye Thiele

Faye Thiele Well-Known Member

Hi Wendy, No trouble at all - my pleasure. I will keep my eye out for brickworks etc.
    My house is small, around 15 m2 of living which because of the awkward shape of my block has made it a bit tricky to get the design that I wanted. So like most of the houses ‘all house not much land’ which suits me as I don’t need a big garden. I will keep you up to date as best I can. Ciao Faye.

Polly likes this.
  3. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Thank you again Faye we really appreciate you doing this for us.
    Yes we are the same not much yard left after the house is on the block, but that’s fine by us too don’t want much garden maintenance.
    You’ll have put some progress photos up of your house too when they start the build It’s all very exciting for you & us. Wendy

4. Faye Thiele

Will do Wendy, so far cut and fill so not much to look at just yet. Are you connecting to the bulk gas? And if so are you having to fork out big bucks to get gas lines and gas meter along with regulator? Also do you have to pay a lot for connection of water?

Polly likes this.
  5. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi Faye,
    Yes we are connecting to the gas, we realise it’s more expensive than natural gas. As far as I know all our connections are being done through Metricon I’m sure it’s in our contract, why is yours not being done by your builder? Wendy

6. Faye Thiele

Hi my caution is: ring Elgas and find out exactly what your cost is to actually connect. You will find that you have to pay @
    $2000+gst to get the meter + gas lines. Also 200+gst annual rental?!! Do try and inform yourself as I have. It is an extra cost over and above your build price I think unless your builder has included it in your contact. Not being a smart a you know what, but I am finding out all of these extra costs that I new nothing of. And yes I understand that it is more expensive than natural gas, however I am going with bottled gas as the cost is too high to connect to the bulk gas.

Polly likes this.
  7. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi Faye,
    Nothing was mentioned with Metricon about this? I already signed a document for gas with AGL for the property, we will just have to wait & see, it’s probably too late as they would have probably run the gas lines already for the stove & hot water service to those areas.
    Wendy

8. alicudi

alicudi Well-Known Member

Really?, AGL are the supplier of the gas in this estate?

Polly likes this.
  9. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Yes, they have already put our Firetail Grove address on the bill where we are living now?

Attached Files:

alicudi likes this.
  10. alicudi

That's great news, I never thought that the big players were going to get involved in the Seagrove bottled network but obviously they have.

11. Faye Thiele

A lot of confusion here. I have contacted Elgas who I believed were the only suppliers of bulk gas to Seagrove but what Polly is saying contradicts this. So I wonder how many gas companies are supplying gas?

12. alicudi

It's a good thing to see multiple companies competing for the gas supply to the home owner, but I really thought it wasn't feasible/possible in Seagrove as to my knowledge it was a privately owned distribution network all connected to that massive gas tank you see at the rear corner of the whole estate and yes Elgas would have being the supplier to each home owner.

Polly's evidence contradicts my thoughts and is a positive for all home owners in Seagrove.

13. Faye Thiele

I have rung and AGL and the guy there said that they only supply natural gas. He kept insisting that. Polly’s statement shows otherwise.
    So who knows?

Polly and alicudi like this.
  14. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi Faye,
    Not sure then why AGL have put our Cowes address on our latest bill then, I have read that we have to ring Elgas about gas connection since? Wendy

Attached Files:

15. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi Faye,
    Has your house started yet?
    Wendy

16. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi Faye,
    I have just rang Elgas to find out about our gas connection & you are correct about it costing $2,000 to get it connected with the meter & rental $240 per year, sorry I confused you with AGL maybe they think they are going to look after our gas down there but they aren’t.
    So I stand corrected your right.
    Wendy

17. Faye Thiele

Hi there Wendy, I was pretty sure about Elgas and the costs. Here are some more pics I just took of your house build. I will send a pic of mine. The slab was poured today and the frame goes up on Thursday!! For some inexplicable reason they come out upside down!!!

Attached Files:

18. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi Faye,
    Thank you for the photos of our house it’s moving along quickly.
    What time frame have they given you for your build now that your slab has been poured? We have to do our own crossovers too when the house is built, not sure what that is going to cost either?
    Wendy

19. Faye Thiele

Hi Wendy, yes I think initially the builds go fairly fast but the rest of the fixing takes forever. Anyway at least if the roof is on i guess that it can still proceed without too much weather affecting things. (Hopefully). I‘ve been told about 5 months but won’t hold my breath on that. Metricon and Simonds are a lot faster than Aspire! Are you going to live here or is it a holiday home?

20. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi Faye,
    Yes we are going to live in the house we are building, this will be our last home, I’m retired & my partner Roger is too, he’s still working at the moment but is finishing up soon. We were told 15wks for our build by our SS which works out to about the end of November but who knows it will be finished when it’s finished. It’s so frustrating that we are continuing to be in stage 4 lockdown still, hopefully we go into stage 3 at least before the end of the build. Wendy