VIC Seaford (VIC) safe areas

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by BenMelbourne, 23rd Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BenMelbourne

BenMelbourne New Member

Hi there,

I am looking to buy a unit for myself in Seaford. I have just starting looking and not sure if the area around Kananook Station (other side of freeway) is safe in terms of crime. I have heard some mixed opinions. Could anyone advise on this?

Thanks in advance

2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

View attachment 17440 View attachment 17441 View attachment 17440 View attachment 17441 View attachment 17440 View attachment 17441 View attachment 17438 View attachment 17439
    Official statistics for crimes in Seaford are available on the Crime Statistics Agency website Explore crime by location | Crime Statistics Agency Victoria

You can search by suburb, post code etc. You can't go to street level. I've pasted the results for Seaford and for 'all suburbs' in Melbourne below:

IMG_2055.PNG IMG_2056.PNG

Last edited: 23rd Jul, 2017
  3. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

Unit in seaford. Near a station I'd be going north seaford. Carrum end. Golden mile is great. But pricey now. Belevedere side of seaford overrated

Lived in seaford most of my life.

4. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Well-Known Member

Seaford is a big suburb. However the best parts are anything near the ocean. Anything around kananook station is waking distance to the beach. In terms of crime there are still a few undirabke people around. The Seaford cabin park houses a lot of people with criminal records. The Frankston council keeps saying they will take the land back but has failed to. The cabin park land lies on land that a developer would stoop over.