seabrook 3028

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by equityma, 12th Jan, 2018 at 12:15 AM.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. equityma

equityma Member

Is seabrook suburd becoming a millionaire suburd in the next 5 years?

2. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

If Seabrook in melbourne, than I would say no. More like 10 years +

3. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

I would say yes.

4. equityma

equityma Member

I think melbourne will outperforms sydney and the west will certainly beat the East in term of price growth that why I think western side of Melbourne will keep going up at faster pace.

sydney vs melbourne
    sydney house price was surging too strong and Melbourne house price is still having more scope for growth due to strong infrastructure spendings
    I saw some people who sold their sydney houses to buy in melbourne.

east vs west
    distance to melbourne CBD is one of the tools to monitor price affordability. I think the east is too expensive that was the reason why I choose the west

population
    population growth is driven by flood of immigrants. the highest migrants were indonesia, Indian and Chinese. Even though each country was accounted for lest than 1.4% of Australian but the combined figures will stock up the population to 5% every year.

their purposes are to come to study in Australia. Each course varies from 20k to 40k per year, too cheap for them
    They get part time jobs while staying in rental properties. They will buy houses and they will be automatically qualified for pernament visas

affordability
    I have chatted with many migrants and they still think melbourne house price is still too cheap compared to their houses in their home land.
    I could guarantee lower class people in poor countries won't afford a house based on their wages.
    It will definitely happen in Australia if Australians keep delaying to grab a house as soon as they can.

younger generation
    australia experiences a higher numbers of young people compared to 5 years ago where baby boomers dominated the housing market.
    younger people will certainly have higher qualifications where they will have jobs in the city that why they will choose houses closer to the city and off course to start of with they must seek cheaper houses

roads network
    the east has more freeways and the west only has one freeway from werribee to the city.
    M1 is under extension from 8 lanes to 12 lanes and there're 2 tunnels to take off the bottleneck traffic off the western ring rd.
    Government has been giving higher priority for infrastructure spendings to the west where it has the highest population growth in australia.

Seabrook
    suburd
    is a small suburd but there're no supplies due to higher livability area.

train
    Aircraft crossing station will be removed to sort out traffic black spot at aviation rd.

freeway
    easy access to M1

primary school
    the best school in the west

secondary school, public state selected schools
    Suzanne cory high school in Werribee 10km
    Mc Roberson's girls in melbourne, kingway 20km
    other good secondary schools are in point cook, altona meadows.

uni
    there's only one low grade school, Victoria uni.
    the only way is to get to study the city, 20km

trails
    bike tracks and walking rails are along the skeleton creek. It connect from altona meadows through williams landing via seabrook.
    one day you could ride a bike from werribee to the city on the non stop connected trails. It will be done from footscray to the city and then it will connect to farther suburds.

amenities
    point cook, altona meadows, williams landing will certainly provide more than enough supplies.
    shopping centres and business centres are growing like mushrooms.
    Seabrook is close to what those suburbs could offer.
    it's ripple effect
    developments will also fast track in light of population boom.

5. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Altona meadows will become a millionaire suburb before Seabrook

6. equityma

equityma Member

i
    it's actually the same.
    some parts of altona meadows and point cook residents must travel on point cook rd to enter the freeway access.

If you do business in the heart of aircraft station then your business should thrive because of the no of people go passing the area. It's easy to get attention if you're having a good restaurant for example.
    opening a kabab shop is my wish list.

Seabrook is like the central of the south west suburds. It should outperforms others in the area.

I was just about to buy a house in werribee but I ended up in seabrook because one one thing. infrastructure

werribee has plenty of proposed developments but they're still on the paper.
    the employment precinct has been delayed because the melbourne education institute said in order to move a lots of students to werribee. the infrastructure must be strong."

it's a step by step and location to location. it takes time for the government to upgrade road and rail networks but werribee is already rocketing.

I think werribee is still sleeping and the plans will take effect when other suburbs closer to the city have taken off first.

7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Seabrook and altona meadows are not the same. In peak traffic morning and evenings getting out of Seabrook is a nightmare. Try catching the train from Seabrook in the mornings, it's chaos.

If you live in altona meadows you don't need to access point cook rd to enter the freeway.

Demographics are also different between these two suburbs.

Aircraft station will close in the next 5 years. It was meant to close few years ago but decided to keep it in operation for a few more years.

Not saying Seabrook is a bad suburb as parts of it is quite nice especially around homestead run. My preference is the surrounding suburbs such as laverton, altona, altona meadows.

Seabrook would have been a much better suburb if point cook was not developed.

8. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Seabrook is like the central of the south west suburds. It should outperforms others in the area.

This is so far from the truth it's not funny!
    Any growth in Seabrook is due to the ripple effect. People that look at buying in Seabrook are priced out from surrounding suburbs and not their first preference. Sorry but it's got nothing going for it.

9. equityma

equityma Member

the station is not closing down
    Aviation Road, Laverton | Crossings | Level Crossing Removal Project

as I told you the infrastructure is the key I'm interested in seabrook.
    For the most congested roads the quicker the projects to be done.
    when will werribee crossing station be done, maybe 10 years time.

demographic in the region is all the same. it's multi culture immigrants and the population growth is comming from asia pacific countries.

seabrook might be not the first choice and it's not as old as laverton. houses in laverton are crappy houses. seabrook and altona meadows are safer.

people might prefer newer suburds in new estates but this isn't the right choice.

It was similar with my first house in the East. I got a small house in a small suburd and the agent suggested me to buy in the next suburd where it was bigger and nicer houses rather than to renovate my old house. I did but 10 years later the houses in the old suburd had got better capital growth.

Yes the newer suburd attracts more buyers but the one closer to all nearby amenities do work out better over time. it's a basic fundamental, location and location

10. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I agree with most of what you'r saying but I don't see Seabrook booming and outperforming neighboring suburbs in the near future.

The beauty about neighboring suburbs such as laverton, hoppers crossing, altona meadows, etc is that they have development potential. I find they offer more value for money.