SE QLD: Subdivide and build question

Discussion in 'Development' started by SimonKia, 21st Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SimonKia

    SimonKia Active Member

    8th Jul, 2015
    Brisbane Southern Subs
    When you get development approval for a subdivision, there is a bunch of infrastructure work you have to do (such as new cross over, new storm water, power, sewer, water connections).

    Do you normally take your development approval to a builder, and have that work as part of a fixed price contract including the house you want?

    Or, do you have to have the infrastructure work done first, get the plan sealed, pay the infrastructure charges, and then go to a builder for a fixed price contract on the house only?

    If its all together, how do banks handle it? Will they allow a process payment for infrastructure fees and works and consider this part of foundational work? Or will they not want to be involved until there is a title and plan sealing?
    Last edited: 21st Jul, 2015
  2. Be Developer

    Be Developer Property Developer Business Member

    19th Jun, 2015
    Builder can organise relevant trade as a part of construction or you can organise it yourself.

    Re; finance, best to speak to experienced broker/banker....there are lot of ways to skin cat...really depends on what suits you , how strong is overall application and your broker/banker.