SDA questions

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by tully399, 27th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. tully399

tully399 Member

Hi everyone,

I'm at the early stages of building an SDA "Fully Accessible" house and have a couple of questions as I've had differing answers.

If I rent the house to a SIL provider, and they put their tenants in, am I eligible to obtain the SDA Government funding? And what would stop them from putting in tenants that don't have SDA funding in their package, therefore I won't be entitled to the funding?

Do I need to register as an SDA provider to obtain the funding? (This is our first and only SDA /NDIS project).

If I outsourced the property management, eg Compass Housing, do I need to be registered as an SDA provider to obtain the funding?

I'm sure there will be more questions as time goes on, but thank you in advance for your responses.

2. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Hi Tully. Been too Busy in the SDA space to be here.

1. No - you have to be an SDA provider
    2. Yes - I'd recommend $1.43m in revenue as a minimum to be a viable SDA provider (or you could use a provider like me )
    3. Yes - and that wouldn't comply outsourcing to them. Not possible to do so and be compliant IMO

3. tully399

tully399 Member

Thanks RPI,

I was getting close to having the build approved, so I rang around to a number of SIL's that service the area, and unfortunately there is now no demand in that area. When I first started down the SDA path, there was a waiting list of 20 people waiting for a wheelchair house.

I'm now looking at other options for my block.

Thanks again for your time.