SDA - NDISP and Other Providers

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by PropertyInvestorAus, 9th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Malcolm Myers

Malcolm Myers Member

Thanks Cliff. Would you be open to a phone call?

2. Malcolm Myers

Malcolm Myers Member

Ive read all the threads. Just looking for a quick chat

3. Malcolm Myers

Malcolm Myers Member

Thanks Cliff. Ive read all the threads. Just looking for a quick chat if you would be so kind. I wont take up much of your time. Regards Malcolm

4. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

No .

You’ll have noticed I’ve said in my opinion NDIS is for sophisticated investors who have deep pockets .

I’m not interested in reassuring someone who I don’t know personally , have no idea about their specific circumstances and needs information from me to reach a decision.

I’ve thought about this and have been approached multiple times but decided a while ago , for various reason it wasn’t my role . I’d didn’t post about ndis for quite a while after we started doing our DD and probably around the time we finished our first one .

cliff

Paul@PAS likes this.
  5. Malcolm Myers

Malcolm Myers Member

No worries. BTW Im not interested in your reassurance, just wanted to discuss your thoughts about the process and getting participants via NDISP

6. See Change

As I said , happy to answer questions here .

For us everything , outside providing finance and giving our input in design ( we made some things bigger ) and having to arrange extra bins has been hands off .

NDISP lined up the tenants . We had no say in it . They have the head lease and are the SDA provider and organised things fairly quickly .

cliff

7. Malcolm Myers

Malcolm Myers Member

That’s interesting. What did you increase in size? Were you happy with the way NDISP kept you informed along the way?

8. VGU

VGU Active Member

@Ash Oz
    If you don’t mind, could you elaborate on your experience with SDA smart homes i.e. what you didn’t like about them? I’m considering them.

Jimmy357 likes this.
  9. AndrewFEngland

AndrewFEngland New Member

Hi Malcolm,

I am happy to take you through a few of the steps if that would help you. I do work with an organisation that assists investors in this category, however what I would want from you in return here is more of an understanding of the mindset of investors in this forum.

10. See Change

that was two years ago so can’t remember all the specifics except we increased the size of the hard patio outside .

Happy with the communications .

cliff

11. See Change

everyone would benifit from any information you are able to provide .

feel free to share who you work with here , but given that you sound as though you’re here to promote your business ( nothing wrong with that ) you should do the right thing and join as a business member so sim will also benefit from you promoting yourself here .

investor mind sets here . Variable

I’m happy to leave everything to the experts and trust their experience . Obviously , given that the industry is new , knowing who to trust is an issue for many .

I was lucky that due to my long term involvement on this forum I was able to do dd to the point where I was confident in my choice of who to work with .

Going that way involves what some perceive as high upfront costs , but I’ve talked to several SDA providers over the last 2-3 years who left me stunned at their lack of insight into the industry and at the type of properties they’ve advised. Eg 5 bedroom houses , 3 bedder robust properties . The provider I talked to who was suggesting 3 bedder robust was advising initially renting the property as a normal rental due to problems registering with NDIS …..

There are quite a few people who I’ve talked to on the forum who want to “ keep their costs down “ while having every thing organised for them while being certain they’ll get tenants quickly .

I’m not aware of anyone who’s been able to do that.

cliff

geoffw likes this.
  12. AndrewFEngland

AndrewFEngland New Member

Hi Cliff,

Not here to promote my business, as yet. Would like to however before I do that I am doing my DD to discover if this forum is an avenue I would like to do down to create new business for me. This is why I saw an opportunity to have a discussion with someone who was looking to gain more knowledge and insights into SDA investing that was from this forum. Hope that clears that up for you.

You are 100% right, who to trust is the most difficult part of this process, it is an expensive build and you do not top get any part of it wrong. With all decisions I have helped people make relating to investing in property the key thing is setting the correct expectations. This is not a quick and cheap build, and its not going get full tenanted a week after you have completed the build.

Long term the benefits are huge, everyone's journey is different, and what I prefer to do is to look at what the minimum acceptable outcome is, do the research, make the calculations, and decide if this works for me. And trust your inner self, if it doesn't feel right, then it wont work for you.

Have you just built one SDA property so far Cliff?

13. See Change

One house .

We’re going through the design process for a small unit block at the moment.

cliff

14. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

15. See Change

There’s a lot more information out there now compared to when we started doing our DD in 18-19 .

One thing I’m aware of on the NDIS rental sites are properties for rent that don’t yet exist ….

Had a quick look at NDIS Property . Yep lots of nice brochures . From what I can see they’re not an SDA provider .

I know nothing about them but personally after what I’ve seen over the last couple of years , I’d be wary of going with someone who isn’t an SDA provider .

The most important relationship moving forwards is the SDA provider.

cliff

16. hawkkins

hawkkins Member

Hey Ash! Although this is 2 years old, would you mind sharing your experience? We've been approached by them to invest in an SDA. Very cautious and trying to find as much information as possible!

17. Akshat

Akshat New Member

Hey Anjohn, which companies even provide these JV agreements, im looking for an agreement as im looking to build an NDIS property

18. Natasha Stone

Natasha Stone Member

Hi,

Anyone out there that has a SDA property and not receiving payments from their SDA Provider for the particpants occuping the rooms. Is anyone aware of a long lasting issue with NDIA?

19. See Change

We’re with NDISP . With the change in fee’s in the last half 23 , we were warned in advance there might be delays in payments and this due to an upgrade in NDIA systems

I have a spread sheet I track our payments on a room by room basis but haven’t done it recently . We recieved about 3-4 months below average and some very nice catchups . We still haven’t recieved our statements but have been told they’re coming

cliff

20. Natasha Stone

Natasha Stone Member

Thanks Cliff. I haven't been so lucky with DHS. Haven't received the rate increase effective July and then subsequently have had one of my participants attempt to be moved over to the 'PACE' platform which has resulted in stopping payments all together. DHS have not been able to resolve any of the issues since it started in October. Am trying to speak to the Safeguards commission and Ombudsman. It's great when there's no issues, but I've experienced on a number of occasions that problems timely. Might be time to look for another provider.