SDA and SIL Provider

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by CareEasy, 22nd Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. CareEasy

CareEasy New Member

Can anyone explain the conflict of interest in building a SDA high physical home and providing the SIL within? I have been told I could manage out the property and receive about 60% of the Government payments and provide SIL then?

2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Under the NDIS legislation the same entity can’t be the SDA provider and the SIL provider , ie it’s illegal

cliff

3. CareEasy

CareEasy New Member

Thanks Cliff, is option B doable?

4. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Not really sure what option B is . SDA and SIL are very complex and I’m wondering what you level of knowledge is ?

The property has to be managed by a registered SDA provider . To become registered , maintain that is an expensive demanding process .

Being an SIL is similarly complex

If you want to invest in an SDA property you need to be talking to an SDA provider .

cliff

geoffw likes this.
  5. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

The conflict is simple and it also breaches the choice and control of the tenant. A tenant in an SDA should be able to change their care providers as easily as you change a gardener in your house. By having them provided by the same person, then someone can't move and take their care worker with them, or change care providers.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia