VIC screening tenants

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Alba, 22nd Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Alba

Alba Member

Hello,

I understand that there are two tenancy database, which are National Tenancy Database NTD and TICA. If I am screening tenants, is it possible to work only with NTD as they are the most widely-used tenancy check or should I also check them in TICA. Please let me know your recommendations.
    Thank you

2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Its a personal choice to work with either, and arguable as to which is the most widely used. I believe NTD is more popular in the southern states, but up in QLD TICA is king. You should check on both, but I guess that depends on the cost- it could be expensive checking 5-10+ applicants.

3. Bee-mumma

Bee-mumma Well-Known Member

The way I see it, TICA has a one off registration yearly subscription for the REA or LL (self managing) of around $605. The yearly subscription fee allows them to use the data base, for all their checks after the membership fee is paid. So you don't actually pay per application.
    TICA - Services

Why REA are saying that this fee is too much, to use both the NTD and TICA I have no idea. Seems odd.

4. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

NTD is more widely used in Victoria in my experience. You could work with both if you wanted.

NTD charge subscription and per check which is around $14-$15 each, which certainly adds up checking multiple applicants.

5. Alba

Alba Member

Thanks very much for your assistance with this