NSW Schofields NSW

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by jins13, 18th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

great info

2. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

Thats true. They have OC classes but my sister's daughter goes to Barnier School. She is still in Year 1 but the parents are happy with Barnier.

Quakers hill Public catchment is another reason the old side prices have picked up. If you are interested in the school. Look for something near QH station

Loverenting likes this.
  3. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

QH Public ranking is better thanks to its OC class or classes, the other public schools (Barnier, Hambledon..) aren't bad too.

4. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

Blacktown City is planning to divide suburbs of Schofields (Riverstone and Marsden Park) into smaller suburbs with proposed names below:

Naming of new suburbs in Blacktown City | Your Say Blacktown

I just hated it and cannot see the point of dividing the suburbs, when we still have huge suburbs like Kellyville and Castle Hill .....

Not sure if I can stop Blacktown Council doing this though.

5. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

The division/distinction may actually help some of these areas. Particularly those in immediate proximity of train stations. So if you are investing in the favourable locations it may help separate wheat from chaff. Of course stats need to be tracked/analysed at micro suburb level rather than postcode level.

6. mpty

mpty Active Member

7. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

I went to this school many many decades ago. It was 1 class per year so total 6 classes. Say 30 students per class, that's under 200 students.
    The proposal caters for 600 students...wow
    Impressed with the proposed design..we had those freight cargo on stump type classroom back then.

8. Jaik2012

Jaik2012 Well-Known Member

Prices have already gone up by quite a bit in the last couple of years since I bought in the area. A friend of mine recently booked H&L package in Stockland Altrove (next to train station). The total cost is coming to $1.2M. Shocking given the suburb distance from CBD.

Not saying I haven't seen such madness in nearby suburbs but the outrageous prices aren't making sense to me. Happy if there is still upside left though. :)

Tekoz likes this.
  9. AAA2214

I did have a look at Altrove . It was costing about 1.135 for a 4 2 2 doublestorey with 450 sq block. Decided against it and bought in Quakers hill for about 800k. Schofields for a young family with kids will take about 3 more years

10. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Maybe one day in the future when the Interest rate is increased up to 2.0% more than today, there will be lots of distressed seller in that area.

11. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

mate of mine have a 3 bedtown house. bought for around 650k, he initially was told it could be leased at $600pw.. end it 4months vacancy and $520pw.. if your investing.. i hope you like -ve gearing.!

Tekoz likes this.
  12. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@KinG3o0o where about is this Town House ?

13. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

Schofields NSW

14. AAA2214

Depends if they are more investors or PPOR buyers in Schofields. I think it's more PPOR but currently not so great to live with young families unless you prefer to drive around for everything.

I have 2 kids who will go to school soon and found it not feasible. But wait 5 years, things will change. I was more inclined towards Quakers Hill as it's an established suburb and has everything already and was cheaper too when compared to Schofields

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia