Health & Family Scary looking chest x-ray - find out result tomorrow

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Alex P Keaton, 26th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nadine Cross

Nadine Cross Well-Known Member

I've never had an anti-flu shot, and as far as I can tell; never had the flu...what constitutes a "flu"?..what are the symptoms?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

No just the helium :oops:

Prerequisite for admission to the bar?

Is it better to be well misinformed than just misguided? :rolleyes:

3. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

We get someone to come into the office in autumn every year and give everyone here a flu shot. Much better than having people get crook in tax season and have to take a week off work. There are only a couple of people we need to tie to a chair to have the jab.

Perthguy, 158 and Westminster like this.
  4. Alex P Keaton

Alex P Keaton Well-Known Member

Yeah the first two times I went to the doctor they wouldn’t give me antibiotics because they said it won’t work because what you have is viral and antibiotics treat bacterial infections. They told me to go home rest and drink plenty of fluids.

After two weeks and still no improvement on my 3rd visit the doctor prescribed antibiotics. They only give it to you as a last resort. If it’s really bad and you still haven’t got rid of it. I might need another round. I’ll ask.

Yeah I’ll be getting the flu shot at work in March! Most definitely

5. Alex P Keaton

She :D

6. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

I had a scare similar to this couple years ago. Went to get X-rays to check for broken ribs caused after a minor accident. Results showed ribs were fine, but there was something unusual in my left lung. Had a CT scan to get a better look. Report of the CT showed that there was a 'shadowy mass' present. I lost count of the number of tests I did after that including a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) and a lung biopsy. Finally, it was determined to be rare type of pneumonia.

7. Alex P Keaton

Wow. Everything turn out ok ?

8. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Yep. :) Nothing a years worth of medication couldn't fix.

Alex P Keaton likes this.
  9. Zeehan

Zeehan Well-Known Member

If you really have the flu you want to die. Everything hurts, even your hair! Aches in all your limbs, you can’t cast your eyes sideways, it hurts like hell, usually a really sore throat. Seriously, if you really have the flu, not just a very bad cold, you want to die.

Joynz likes this.
  10. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Google it!

11. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Women who have had children *almost* know what it feels like to have ManFlu.

pinkboy

12. Alex P Keaton

I’m fine. X-ray normal.

The doctor laughed when I told the story haha. :D

I’m just left with damaged vocal cords from so much coughing. Hope I go on at work tomorrow on the switch

MTR, Perthguy and Marg4000 like this.
  13. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Great news!

I think the best idea is to wait until you see the doctor before you look at test results. Then there is someone there who can explain them. Otherwise you just give yourself needless worry.
    Marg

14. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

It's funny because Dr Google is the reason my 'real' doctor determined what issue I had.
    She had absolutely no idea what was 'wrong' with me, and had to consult a panel of other doctors. None of them had any idea.
    I googled it, and determined what it was. I got testing for it, and sure as **** it was what I googled.
    I have very little faith in most doctors.. especially GP's.

Marg4000 and Perthguy like this.
  15. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better soon. The flu can and does kill and increases the risk of heart attack to young people which is one of the reasons doctors recommend rest. I am planning on getting the flu vac this year as last years strain nearly had me in hospital.

Web MD is a general resource:
    "
    What Are the Symptoms of the Flu?
    You may feel very weak and tired for up to 2 or 3 weeks. You'll have muscle aches and periods of chills and sweats as fever comes and goes. You may also have a stuffy or runny nose, headache, and sore throat."

Their guide on colds and flus is here:
    Do You Have a Cold or Flu?

16. Alex P Keaton

Yep. I learnt from that. I won’t do that again. :)

Marg4000 likes this.
  17. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Build one's natural resistance, learn to recognise the early symptoms, and then take appropriate preventative steps

ta
    rolf

18. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I had a chest x-ray this week to ... saw the doc about my creaky knee, that has turned into a crunchy knee, which he wanted to xray (early arthritis - boo) ... and mentioned my flutter with asbestos in my 20's renovating years.

As a precautionary he authorised - at my request - a chest x-ray to check. All clear - yay.

Hubby was bewildered why I would have the chest x-ray when I had no symptoms ... well ... personally I'd rather get an "all clear" now than a "found it to late" in 10 years time.

19. Alex P Keaton

Yeah it’s definitely worth it. Peace of mind. $80 and you get half back from Medicare. Good to hear turned out fine! :) Good thinking to bring up your concerns. Seeing you were gonna have your knee x-rayed, good opportunity to get a chest one too! Better be safe than sorry ehhh.

Hope the knee doesn’t cause too much discomfort. I guess we all have something in life we are needing to manage hey. :)

20. Alex P Keaton

Yey so I went back to work today. It went well. I’m nearly over my flu. I just have to get my voice back. I’ll get there. All that coughing damaged my vocal cords. Oh well. Love my new workplace and colleagues. Feeling right at home. Same dept just a different location and managers. :)

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia