Scamming Nurse Tenant

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by wrinxtin, 23rd Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Michelle Evans

Michelle Evans Well-Known Member

Just checking in, how have you gone? Have the police booked a time with you yet? Did she attend the possession hearing? If not, this could last even longer. I’ve had a possession order halted whilst at the door of a property with the police and locksmith there, because the tenant was granted a review that day...

Last edited by a moderator: 4th May, 2019
    Michael Mitchell likes this.
  2. wrinxtin

wrinxtin Active Member

Hi all, just to update you with outcome. Eviction was successfully executed as planned. Unsure how to send photos here but you could almost puke looking at the bath tub - the amount of hair balls that was picked up, you get the picture.

As to damages, she unscrewed one of the hinges of the doors for it to fall apart but not fully broken very wise, the pergola panels and toilet door handle broken.

We got consumer affairs to assess all goods left behind and we were advised to dispose everything apart fr photos and docs as storage costs are greater than total worth of her belongings. Then informed her a day after and everyone in her references where we have dumped the clothes if she wants to salvage it. This caught her by surprise calling consumer affairs and told em she was away overseas for 2 weeks for a funeral (they called us). Too late everything was DUMPED. We also found out that she rented most of her furniture fr a company whom she now has one month outstanding debt and these ppl have collected most of her furniture back. We found out a day before eviction coz they went to the property and asked our neighbours. Funny how she has been contacted by multiple parties and never picked up, but when we msgd that we dumped all her belongings, she was able to contact consumer affairs straight away and claimed death in the family. She has already used domestic violence as an excuse, her company not paying her on time, and now death. The lengths she’d go through just to try and get away from things... unbelievable.

HUGH72, TMNT, Perp and 1 other person like this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@wrinxtin - now get a temp log-in/membership to TICA and get them registered as a dodgy tenant.

hobo, KayTea, HUGH72 and 5 others like this.
  4. Sha

Sha Well-Known Member

Hello

Re the fraud allegation, I had similar experience & called fair trade, nsw police, law access & was told not much I could do.

Applicant went as far as defacing or trying to deface licence & changed date of birth, I thought that would be deliberate fraud or defacing government property...but 'nothing' criminal...apparently.

As long as you list her to help future landlords, that will harm her hopefully...shame it is only for 5 years....& as she appears to have own house...no biggy for her really!

Best of luck to you!

Sha

HUGH72 and TMNT like this.
  5. Sha

Sha Well-Known Member

BTW...someone up hers on Central Coast NSW told me of a scamming nurse tenant from quite some years back...either popular amongst nurses or the same one!

Just a tid bit!

6. wrinxtin

wrinxtin Active Member

Thanks Sha, she will be listed ill make sure of that. The world is round, her ways will come back to bite her one way or another without me having to do anything. I don’t think this is popular amongst nurses, but it is popular amongst her kind. I was pre-warned but decided to give her a chance due to her highly regarded job. If she’s lucky to have her own house good on her, what i know is she has lived in our property for a time and slept in that same bed and mattress we threw out which is in a condition filthier than you would be picking up a mattress randomly on the streets. Her kids who were also living in the house never had beds. They sleep on the couch or on soft mattresses like what you see homeless ppl use. She should be reported to child protection services really more than to AHPRA. It’s so disgusting, living to its true form as a pig. I am just so relieved we got her out of our court. Never had one like her in our neighbourhood, a bad seed.

Sha likes this.
  7. Michelle Evans

Michelle Evans Well-Known Member

Just letting you know as the landlord you can report her to child services, or, call the police if you think a child is in danger, and they will look into it. I’ve done it once (as an agent we see a lot) it was a truly disheartening situation, but in the end the child got the help they needed.

Sha likes this.
  8. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

On the other hand I caution against making this sort of report as some sort of ‘revenge’ when there is no actual neglect.

Sleeping on a mattress on the floor is not an indicator of neglected children. I’ve slept this way myself for various reasons at various times (while a uni student, when flatting in share houses etc).

A messy house is not necessarily an indicator of neglect either.

Sha likes this.
  9. Sha

Sha Well-Known Member

True...I choose to use a foam mattress for back & neck probs & at times in the floor.

The people in my house though I think are worth reporting...4 children & new born living in cockroach and flea infestations and cat clearly left to urinate wherever it felt like it and never cleaned.

The one time I was able gain access I took photos of the kitchen floor with food & garbage all over it.

Tenant was always saying she had a sick child...is it any wonder!

They used a lovely studio freshly carpeted with new lino as a kennel for 4 dogs (only 1 dog was approved...'outside only')...2 birds and snake/s and frankly that was left in a disgusting state, however, it was actually cleaner than the house where the humans (& cat) lived!

How could anyone fall asleep with 1000's of cockroaches running around...beyond me! (That is no exaggeration by the way).

But I am worried to report them as they are dangerous people and have stolen alot of tools and equipment, just returning several days ago whilst I was at Doctors and took the last garden power tool they had left me...leaf blower/vac ...sigh!

I may however, allow some time to pass and do something later....If you feel the need wrinxtin, maybe better that way for you too!

10. wrinxtin

wrinxtin Active Member

11. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

I saw that, the mechanisms are there, the Owner has not used them effectively. This stuff really is straight forward when you follow the process. Alas, no knowledge, no property manager, no money to pay a solicitor to handle it for them, no hope. I baulked at the $20-$30k assumption for legal advice, what a crock, you can do it for free yourself all the knowledge is in the state's tenancy act and xCAT website. That is exactly the purpose of xCAT's - to make legal relief affordable and within reach of everyone (doesn't mean it's going to be easy though).

TMNT likes this.
  12. wrinxtin

wrinxtin Active Member

Yeah true, for us information is a quick reach but old lady, maybe with noone, poor understanding skills (i’m just assuming), perhaps doesn’t even know google exist, also suffering fr skin cancer and heart issues... if i was in NSW ill do all research for her and take her battle.

13. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

What a joke of a piece. Typical a current affair I guess.

I agree. I'm pretty sure what a current affair has left out is all the options the owner has to get rid of the "squatter" if she wanted.

Its sort of suggested that there might not even be a legal tenancy in place, so it could be as simple as locking out the occupants next time they leave the premises.

TMNT, Joynz and Michael Mitchell like this.