Save the Trees

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Propagate, 17th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

So, we took my niece to an animal sanctuary last year and they had a campaign about using recycled paper going on.

We watched a talk from them and they explained how much native wildlife is losing habitat purely from trees being cut down for toilet paper! The numbers were staggering and it was just Australian figures! Anyway we switched to Who Gives A Crap recycled paper straight away and have been using them since.

Just thought I'd post this link for anyone wanting to try them as they are having a 27% discount for Earth Day just now, just use the promo code TREEHERO at checkout.

Their recycled loo paper is perfectly fine, not super soft if that's your thing but way better than any other recycled paper I've tried. My mate gets their bamboo loo roll, he says it's amazingly soft.

We use their paper towels too and they're just as effective as the branded virgin tree paper stuff in the supermarket.

Who Gives a Crap

willair likes this.
  2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I've been getting this for quite a while and have converted a few people to start getting it too. I now get the bamboo and it is the better option, though a little more expensive. I think it is worth the extra.

I love that they build toilets for those who need them with 50% of the profits.

I also get their paper towels (but try not to use too many paper towels) and their tissues and I buy it in bulk. It arrives within two days of ordering, dropped to my front patio. What's not to like about that?

Propagate likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

We've been giving a cr@p for years including the tissues.

Does using bamboo deprive pandas of habitat? :confused:

Propagate likes this.
  4. Propagate

I have to admit, I haven't looked into the bamboo side, it is more environmentally friendly than the recycled paper?

5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

That made me pause...

I went looking and found this which seems to be saying they are not cutting bamboo from anywhere that pandas would be looking for it. That's how it sounds to me anyway.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 2.23.25 pm.png

Scott No Mates likes this.
  6. Propagate

Interesting. Might be the better option to go bamboo over the recycled anyway then, recycled paper uses masses of water to produce I believe? More research required on my part.

7. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

We did away with paper years ago and attached a ‘hosespray’ bidet. Gives your bot bot a proper wash, and is far better for the environment.

Blacky

Scott No Mates likes this.
  8. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Hmm - what about peeing? Men are OK to ‘drip dry’, but women tend to prefer loo paper.