Save A cup of coffee...

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by albanga, 13th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Hey what's wrong with Int Roast? :D

Support Gympie.

The Y-man

ellejay likes this.
  2. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

For those wanting to cut down their coffee budget, have a look at one of these in the link below.

I started my own company this time last year and I buy coffee every morning for 4 staff. That soon adds up!

So, late last year I bought a pod machine for the office, great, worked out heaps cheaper, albeit nowhere near as nice as a fresh coffee. Only problem was I'm allergic to whatever garbage they preserve the pod coffee with. After about a week I came out in a rash which got worse and worse, then realized every time I had a pod coffee it flared up and added a little to the ongoing severity. Pods canned. Back to buying coffees. Took ages for the rash to go.

The I found this bad boy, the Classic Rok Espresso Maker - ROK | Homepage for the ROK espresso maker

It is awesome, presses proper freshly ground coffee, (buy ground or grind your own if you prefer). Combined with a $50 induction milk warmer:-

Caffitaly System Australia

...and I can honestly say my coffees in the office are about 90-95% as good as what I've been buying, still perfecting my grind and tamping etc to get it just right but I'm almoat there, and now the initial outlay for the press and induction milk warmer is done all it costs is a few liters of milk a week and some decent ground coffee.

The bonus is the office smells amazing with fresh coffee being made regulatory.

3. househuntn

househuntn Well-Known Member

So true. I have a pro coffee machine at home yet still buy coffee or two a day. I like coffee and treat it as a cost for enjoyment/hobby, and relatively speaking don't have many expenses.

After some thought, I just bought some decent whisky because why not? Better enjoy life now than regret not trying it when older

4. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

One of the many joys (frustrations for some) of espresso is that you never perfect your grind and tamp. :)

The ROK is a good espresso tool, what grinder did you get?

Propagate likes this.
  5. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

We got the Breville Smart Grind Pro

6. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I am a coffee drinker and I am happy to spend on coffee. I still drive a 14 year old Toyota and going to run it to the ground before buying another car in cash. Another car we have is about 7 years old and paid in cash. It's a floor stock. I see many people my age buying luxury cars with instalments to pay. I don't know why people pay interests on a depreciating item. The amount of interests paid equate to many many cups of good coffee.

7. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Same as me. I was pleasantly surprised at how good they are :)

Propagate likes this.
  8. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Lol Wylie

9. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Got to admit though, in most cases, the cost of coffee is an absolute rip.