Sasha Hopkins and the "A Team Property Group"

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by born2reign, 2nd Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

Sash appears to be a protected species in this forum.

Not even actual investors that have lost actual money from TATPG can share their actual experiences in thsi forum.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

People are welcome and encouraged to share their actual experiences.

People are not permitted to post material which could be defamatory.

Links to 3rd party websites or videos which contain defamatory material are also not permitted.

We also restrict posts from new members who have only signed up to post negative reviews - for the same reason that we restrict posts from new members who have only signed up to post positive reviews: lack of verifiable authenticity.

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  3. MaxEPM

MaxEPM New Member

@born2reign I'm a reporter at the AFR. I'm keen to have a chat about some of the issues raised in this forum. Could you send me an email?
    [email protected]

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Max, looking forward to the exposè.

5. MaxEPM

MaxEPM New Member

Feeling free to reach out too, Scott, if you have any information.

6. Jasper

Jasper Well-Known Member

Welcome Max. Thanks so much for helping expose this horrible situation that has taken place.

7. jai collier

jai collier Well-Known Member

I have followed sasha hopkins for a long time since getting into property the last 5 years went to a few of his seminars, after a while i figured out what he was actually doing, starting a development company using OPM, i see a 10 story apartment being built by i believe it was Hunter hopkins right on the top of kangaroo point central brisbane last year and too see that i take my hats off to him for what he achieved, took me a while to realise it may of been a bit of a porkie pie about his portfolio hitting 30m in like 4 years or something but thats just marketing tactics. to see that 10 story apartment being built by his company last year i reckon thats pretty impressive, would atleast be 10million to build?

he came in to the property world here in aus like grant cardrone in the us, it seems he has had a few problems recently so he may of bitten off more than he can chew but i still take my hats off to him.

If he does owe people alot of money at the moment though then thats not cool & a pretty big mistake it seems.

8. Jasper

Jasper Well-Known Member

Nothing impressive about using other people's money and then building a 10 storey building. If you throw a dart 100 times and eventually 1 hits the bulls eye, doesn't mean you're good at playing darts

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Feb, 2022
  9. jai collier

jai collier Well-Known Member

Yeah that is true

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Feb, 2022
  10. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

ASIC have reportedly commenced proceedings after the ARF investigation reporting. Lets see if they actually act. Lets hope they also act for the dubious acts of professionals who assisted smsf setups to facilitate this being worse. When will state and commonwealth regulators act ??? Reminds me of the 2000+ period and mezzanine finance scams stripped many mum and dad investors. Financial planners fed off the vulnerable etc. Ironically financial advisers say "DONT"and gullible investors see the big returns offered and then shut down any independent discussion.

The solution seems very simple. ENFORCE a rule that requires all investors to have independent financial and legal advice to managed investment schemes or unlisted / unregulated product. Make lending or a investmnet in any form to any entity a financial product. And they cant sign off if they or an associate or acquantance derive any benefit or interest in any way. No accountants exemptions. ONLY exclude direct title to real property or listed shares/ ETFs etc. And then dont allow licensed financial advisers earn a fee other than one directly charged for advice on whether to invest or not. No placement or other fees or any indirect income whatsoever.

Make all unlicensed offers / advertising or promotion in any form have a disclosure they "We do not hold investment credentials issued by ASIC and any investment or loan may be a risk to financial loss". Its like labelling "poison"as "poison".

A Team Property Group and Sasha Hopkins being investigated by ASIC over project collapses

Last edited: 18th Mar, 2022
  11. Simon Moore

Simon Moore Residential & Commercial Mortgage Broker Business Member

Level 2 287 Collins St Melbourne VIC 3000
    I believe this has been the case for several years.

12. melbourne171

melbourne171 Well-Known Member

need an independent auditor i.e KPMG to verify the figures. Who know the figures can be made up.

13. ajl3990

ajl3990 New Member

I have unfortunately been caught up in one of Sasha Hopkins' JVs. I invested into the 'Live Brighton' development which, unlike a few others, actually did get completed and they're currently trying to sell the units. I've only just learned about all of the issues with The A Team and burned investors and I'm obviously very concerned about the likelihood of ever seeing any of my money again. Does anyone know whether there is any class action or combined effort from investors to try to get their money back?

I have found an ASIC article which says that the court has frozen Sasha's assets and those of The A Team company:
    "ASIC sought the freezing orders to help protect investor funds while its investigation is continuing. Any person who is concerned they have invested with A Team, Sasha Investment Holdings or Mr Hopkins can contact ASIC at  [email protected]."

However, I've tried to send an email to that address and it only bounces back.

14. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

Sorry to hear you have been impacted by this. If the provided email doesn't work you probably need to be calling ASIC during business hours. Keep trying until you get through.