Sasha Hopkins and the "A Team Property Group"

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by born2reign, 2nd Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cate Bell

Cate Bell Well-Known Member

Seems like there is a pattern.... I am in Brisbane and I can't see how the Ashgrove (where I have a PPOR) and the Wavell Heights developments will make any profit- I have contacted the A Team for some more information, just for interest, and they don't seem to have a clear investor prospectus. Both areas are good for capital growth (for houses), but I think that they are the wrong type of product at this time. Would like to see some real figures, but Sasha does seem to be enjoying the good life.

2. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Spruikers. This is why the property industry needs to be regulated.

3. Robert Martin

Robert Martin New Member

Hi All - Im a new comer to this page but I am curious to know if anyone has ever seen an A-Team project come to fruition? They seem to me, to be simply marketers for developers. Any feedback would be welcomed

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  4. Scott Townsend

Scott Townsend Well-Known Member

Be very interested to hear any success stories here. Seen plenty of marketting and rough projected numbers on videos but no complete projects.

Saw some “client testimonials” but the way they spoke was more along the lines of being excited to get started meaning they hadn’t seen an end result yet.

Would be awesome to see some end results if there are any to show as yet

5. DanePymble

DanePymble New Member

I am also waiting for my fee to be refunded. My $16500 fee was done half and half with a mate of mine.

We were also told about the up to 50% "guaranteed" returns.

We also asked for due diligence docs and the target returns they showed matched what they showed us as examples to go by.

We found that the guaranteed returns are before fees.

Then what they showed us as the first opportunity, after taking our fee, was a "guaranteed" 24% return over 10-12 mths, which after fees is about 10%.

They own or are in jv with the developer which means they control how long the project takes.

I am trying to get a refund on the grounds of what they promoted not matching what we were shown as an opportunity but based on what I'm reading here I'm very glad I didn't commit any capital to a deal as with project overruns the annualised return would end up very miserly.

6. DanePymble

DanePymble New Member

When we agreed to go ahead last year they couldn't show us any completed projects and I've yet to hear of any successfully completed and what the annualised return on them are.

broc119 and Michael Mitchell like this.
  7. Cate Bell

I am trying to understand what the $16500 fee was, so many people have discussed paying a similar fee and receiving nothing. Was the fee for information/education or to actually be involved in a development? I have a PPOR in Ashgrove, there is supposed to be a development in the suburb, I rang and asked about it, and they wouldn't tell me the address! Red flags about if anything has ever been completed.

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  8. Robert Martin

Robert Martin New Member

Thanks for this information Dane. Yeah it seems a bit suss to me. I can see they have bought some house and land packages in Griffen, QLD, but it does not line up to the forecasted returns being offered. I know when I asked a question on their facebook page, it obviously didn't tie into their marketing and I have since been blocked from commenting on such posts.

broc119, Michael Mitchell and ellejay like this.
  9. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Have you guys made complaints to Dept of Fair Trading?

BuyersAgent likes this.
  10. Scott Townsend

Scott Townsend Well-Known Member

I’ve seen recently they have been advertising Dual Occupancy properties as another method. All well and good to get a bit of positive cash flow but never really going to be a stellar long term play. Not really rocket science.

11. DJS

DJS Member

The developer (Delkins) is effectively their company under a different banner (vertically integrated).

born2reign, broc119 and Cate Bell like this.
  12. Cate Bell

He is the Director of a few companies, I have heard of "Hunter Hopkins". His linkedin account is interesting https://au.linkedin.com/in/propertyinvestmentadvisors

13. Brendon

Brendon Well-Known Member

I’ve seen a lot of his stuff on social media, they present very well but I’m not totally surprised to read a fair few of negative reviews.
    I’ve seen them advertise 50% fixed returns and that they’re the fastest growing property company.... normally if it sounds too good to be true it probably is....

14. AlexDFG

AlexDFG New Member

Sasha's a marketing guru, re-read the post slowly... "50% fixed returns"...

15. Chomp

Chomp Well-Known Member

He was saying apartments do not go up in value as much as houses on facebook. I asked him to prove it with something from the ABS, he couldnt and ended up saying that information was for members only.

16. David_Z

David_Z Member

Hi Guys, I am very new to property investing and I have a question about companies like the A TEAM, B INVESTED Etc, What is it that they actually do to find a good deal to pass on to their clients? I mean do they reaserche and find the next growth point by looking at the economics of a state then go deeper into that or is it just spill over suburbs?

17. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Under no circumstances would I ever recommend using B Invested. I've seen some absolute horror stories of properties they've purchased. To suggest they actually do research is amusing.

18. David_Z

David_Z Member

Lol,
    thank you for the heads up mate,

19. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

As you can see above there is a big difference between those companies that rely on super aggressive sales and marketing tactics vs quiet, stable long term businesses like many of the consultants on this forum who have good reviews for a reason.

I don't want sidetrack the thread but just a note... Many BA's do help with market research of course but don't outsource you entire decision-making process to anyone, that is the bit you should feel most comfortable owning. The underlying fundamentals of supply and demand are always at play, sure there are ways to research things in a more systematic way but crystal balling is never perfect. Getting your goals and metrics right, then finding areas that fit your needs, then looking for great deals is the order of priorities.

ellejay, Simon Moore, Brady and 2 others like this.
  20. Yogesh J

Yogesh J New Member

What was the outcome of this? I heard so many of their projects didn’t go ahead and they are not returning any investor money which is in Millions and not giving exact answer to their investors.

jai collier and RangeRover like this.