Sasha Hopkins and the "A Team Property Group"

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by born2reign, 2nd Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. born2reign

born2reign Member

Hi all,

There's another thread on here asking similar questions yet nobody was able to answer the actual question asked (despite all of the initial skepticism)

Has anybody on here had experience working with Sasha Hopkins and/or his company "The A Team Property Group" ??

Home - theateampropertygroup

Looking for both positive and negative feedback based on personal interaction/experience?

I guess they've had a couple years now to perfect their process but the fb ads still annoy me daily.

I can't seem to find a single ounce of feedback or information away from articles in property magazines or videos or things on their own website, which I find to be very strange (not to have neither positive or negative feedback at all !?)

I remember reading recently that dream design do were attempting to silence any negative feedback by threatening legal action etc so I'm just very curious/worried as to why I can't find apparent, legitimate feedback on the interwebs, after years of articles and videos and facebook ads

jai collier likes this.
  2. fols

fols Well-Known Member

I think you got your answer there. Not too many reputable property investment advisor / BA companies that take to Facebook (just in my opinion). I think there's better options out there.

jai collier and ellejay like this.
  3. born2reign

born2reign Member

I still find it very strange that I can't find any feedback at all (both positive and/or negative) from any other independent source besides their own website/facebook group (which of course you can take with a grain of salt).

I have no problem with a company advertising via facebook ads (standard practice these days), I just find it very strange that I can't find an independent review anywhere from anybody who may have used any of their services?

Last edited by a moderator: 11th Aug, 2021
  4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I've never heard of Sasha in the BA world (and I've been around for a while now :)) but their site looks more geared towards financial advice, loans and mentoring? No mention of a BA service and if they have been around for a few years (as your post suggests) then it's curious that Sasha has only had a restricted RE licence in VIC since Sep 2017....
    Anyway best of luck with your hunt but can I also suggest that you contact them to speak to some of their online testimonials for endorsement? They do have a few on their website.

Estate Agent details - Consumer Affairs Victoria, Victoria

jchw38, Jester and born2reign like this.
  5. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

disagree there as FB et al is a mainstream tool for anyone and anything these days

what business doesnt chase social influence ?

ta
    rolf

6. born2reign

born2reign Member

Thanks Jacque, that is a sensible suggestion to contact testimonials... I guess it's possible they can still be rigged to say favorable things..

From what I can gather they aren't so much traditional buyers agents but more of a one stop shop to hold an amateur's hand with small scale developments in Brisbane (i.e splitter blocks and as you can tell from their fb videos, buying a larger block of land and keeping the front house while building 2+ townhouses in the backyard, sub-dividing and selling for capital boost).

Really interesting on paper but we know developments are not cheap in upfront/holding costs and if people are trusting this company with their superannuation to fund projects via SMSF's as well then it's very dangerous if they get their advice wrong (or even worse scammed). I haven't seen any evidence whatsoever of shady behavior (to be clear)

But almost always, you can find independent feedback about absolutely company/product away from the parent website (which can obviously be heavily controlled to a favorable outcome), so I just find it quite odd that nothing is out there on the interwebs.

I mean surely clients are EITHER having a ball raking in consistent and forecasted development profits (and happy as Larry) or they are getting burnt with opportunity costs, failed forecasts and disappointing financial outcomes, there should be some kind of independent review one way or another???

That is the part that is making me suspicious

jai collier likes this.
  7. jefn89

jefn89 Well-Known Member

@born2reign While as you suggest there isn't a lot of feedback or comments on the A-Team group and like all others on here I've not personally used them either, I've met (several times) and known Sasha for about 2 years. What I can comment is that he's driven, doing relatively well with the company etc.

The important question you've got to ask yourself is not about the company itself, I'm sure their strategies can work fine (not without risk of course) is what experience do you have with this type of strategy? Essentially they're developing using your equity and there's multiple options i.e. you can be a JV partner or help fund the development yourself if you meet the criteria.

If this is your first type of investment in property, it may not be for you. While most companies have great intentions (aside from some companies getting kickbacks from developers for flogging stock) no one is going to care as much about your investment as you are.

You've essentially got to do your due diligence on the "expert", the strategy, the areas they're looking to do it in, how they're paid (if it's by developers without you paying anything i.e. what's in it for them) and then make a judgement call. Ask to speak to 2 or 3 clients directly and get the good, the bad and the ugly about the process

This should be not only for the A-Team but all investments you make with any experts.
    Good luck!

jai collier, jchw38, broc119 and 2 others like this.
  8. Sasha Hopkins

Sasha Hopkins Member

Thanks for your enquiries Born2Reign. Have you found what you are looking for in researching my company?

Interesting perspective on minimal information found on The A Team. We are very active and transparent in publicising what we do and what we're about to demonstrate trust and value.

I'll happily say we have nothing to hide.

You're welcome to give me a call if you need further clarity. Otherwise good luck with your research.

Sash

9. Bale

Bale New Member

Hi everyone,

I've paid and joined 'The A-team property grup's Elite Joint Venture project' in June 2016 and Sasha has not delivered as agreed. The project is still ongoing and agreement made where not kept.

I had to and still chasing after them to get things done and it's difficult to contact them. I have been calling them to make payment to the bank but they are not even picking up the calls.

It has been stressful and frustrating being with them and I have no idea where this project is headed.

I am still deliberating as to when to take legal action.

If you have any questions, pls post it here or send an email. I'll be happy to show you what's happening as regards to this project with proof.

Regards
    Bale

born2reign and Beano like this.
  10. CPG

CPG New Member

Is this true @Sasha Hopkins ?

jai collier and born2reign like this.
  11. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this Bale. Unfortunately, I wish I could say I was surprised.

jai collier likes this.
  12. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I recently encountered this JV group and found part of their advice deficient and non-compliant with tax law.

Suggestion was to lend to the JV partner at a high rate and defer all the interest income for three years etc. Problem is that ATO and Tax laws require interest income to be accrued in this instance and you cant defer it for the three years. Acting as a money lender means annual accrual so you end up paying tax on money which hasnt arrived. A snowball of concern. Terrible guidance in the form of advice I thought.

I question if they get kickback for facilitating lender of last resort deals too. Unlicensed to facilitate credit deals worries me. If the deal falls over and you dont get the interest then you will also be an unsecured creditor and have no CGT loss.....All risk.

Last edited by a moderator: 11th Aug, 2021
  13. Bale

Bale New Member

Hi,

This was all resolved straight away and we are all working together happily to achieve the desired outcome. Sasha and the team were in contact directly after this was posted and that they have been doing what they said they would.’

I will update of the outcome in the future.

14. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

With all of these sorts of groups the first thing to ask is what sort of licensing they have for all the 'advice' being given.

broc119 and Michael Mitchell like this.
  15. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

When it comes to property its a hugely unregulated regime... Its a shark tank. Issue is are they wobbies or great whites ?

Some peeps in industry are very good, others fair and others are crooked. But to be fair, none of them can actually provide wealth advice because they never compare anything else and offer no other strategy and even then its often conflicted. And sometimes worst of the lot are those with a Financial Services License...I question how they can do that when property advice is NOT regulated by a AFSL.

Go to make a PI claim and you will find its excluded

Michael Mitchell and Jacque like this.
  16. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

Hey

How did this go?

17. Bale

Bale New Member

Hi,

It's still ongoing. Hope to see the end soon.

18. Bale

Bale New Member

I wish I had an answer to that. Maybe Sasha can answer?

Let's see if he answers to your question.

born2reign likes this.
  19. Morris50

Morris50 New Member

Funny, our JV started about 3 years ago too through Sasha and apparently it’s still ongoing.... can’t help but think the developer is actually in bed with Sasha and they are playing each other off with the blame game. Very interested to see if Sasha posts an answer to the questions Bale!

20. Cate Bell

Cate Bell Well-Known Member

I would be seeking legal advice.

born2reign and S.T like this.