VIC Sanctuary lakes. The vibe of lakes and golf course

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ashftc, 18th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Hi All

I am from Sydney and came to Melbourne for suburb look outs for our next PPOR. Based on my limited homework we visited Sanctuary lakes and really like the vibes of houses and streets due to lakes and golf course. We want to work with a budget of 1.3m and some houses on market are pretty good.

I just want to ask if someone knows few more pockets or suburbs with such beautiful vicinty that we can visit while we are in Melbourne? Would also love feedback on Sanctuary lake as well with regards to livability pros and cons of the suburb. We will be working in city. Have a toddler so decent school is also an important factor.

Many many thanks in advance.

2. Jingo

Jingo Well-Known Member

Point Cook road is very congested during peak hour. You may be best to take the bus to Laverton station and travel by train to work rather than drive.

Many school aged students catch a school bus to Westbourne Grammar which is about 20 mins away, depending on traffic.

‘A lot of people like the life style and housing options at Sanctuary Lakes.

Other areas to look at are Point Cook, Seabrook by Skeleton Creek and Williams Landing with modern housing accessible to the city. You can find larger homes here.

Then there are areas closer to the city such as Newport, Yarraville, Sedon and Spotswood with a trainl line to the city and Altona and Altona Meadows near the beach. Your $ will not go as far in terms of house size the closer you move towards the city. Westbourne Grammar is still an option in all these suburbs as students travel by bus. However people who live in Williamstown, Newport, Yarraville and Sedon also send their children to city schools including Wesley College, Melbourne Grammar, Melbourne High etc.

The train line from Laverton passes through the areas above and takes about 35 mins from Laverton to reach the city.

Hope this helps a little.

ashftc likes this.
  3. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

It helps a lot. Thank you so much for detailed feedback. I will have a look at other areas too. Thanks again

4. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Other similar area would be the canal estates at Patterson Lakes?

ashftc likes this.
  5. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Thanks will have a look