Sale did not make sense

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by New2Property, 3rd Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. New2Property

New2Property New Member

Hi, I am looking to buy in inner Brisbane. I've seen some properties go for crazy prices, and wondered why...for example this property sold for around $1.2m - and it only has 279sqm!
    It sold in Dec '17 and is back on the market now! Is there something I am missing? Like maybe the developer is showing a 'fake' sale at crazy prices to then sell his other development (right next door - 10A Queens Rd, Clayfield) for the same inflated price?? Does anyone know if 'fake' sales' are possible??

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Land size really doesn't come into it when you have a great suburb in high demand, beautiful new house with all the bells and whistles.

Sackie likes this.
  3. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

You realise that is the house size not the land, right?

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Haven't done much research but not according to rpdata.

Screenshot_20180603-203020.jpg

5. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

You wanna blue?

6. namrata

namrata Well-Known Member

You can't just lump inner city Brisbane all together. Clayfield is a premium inner city suburb. Much more expensive than others.

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

When I lived in Brisvegas, I would rarely travel out that far, how is it inner city?

Ed Barton likes this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@New2Property look at this baby in Clayfield 10km from the CBD. Granted the block is 500+sqm. Built 12 years ago too. But nice price tag. Its all about supply and demand. If you have 50 of these puppies come on the market at the same time in the same area then price will take a hit. But slowly put higher end stock (supply to meet demand) in the right market areas will be snapped up.

6 Brentwood Street, Clayfield, Qld 4011 - Property Details

9. PresentNow

PresentNow Member

Fake Sales doesn't make sense, as once there is the transfer of title involved you have to pay stamp duty.

Properties that are close to the major cities have always attracted a premium price due to closeness to amenities, to the place of work, social attractions etc... and as other posters have mentioned it is supply and demand.

The value of the house at the end of the day is dictated by what people are willing to pay for it.