Sackie is selling AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by Sackie, 24th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Well you know the deal folks, I got yet another property to sell. Brisbane housing Inner ring markets are IN-SANE!

It's hitting the market in a few weeks.

What: New home
    Where: Inner ring Brisbane

Will update once sold and give full story for this and my earlier sale which I sold tonight.

LROB, Colin Rice, oracle and 7 others like this.
  2. db9

db9 Well-Known Member

Exciting times @Sackie! looking forward to it.

Sackie likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You're gonna give yourself a tax problem :oops:

Thanks for your contribution :D

KateSydney likes this.
  4. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Time to splash some cash in the Druitt :D

Sackie likes this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

When the market rewards me, I'm OK paying my fair share. Just not a cent more . I value lifestyle more than brick collecting if I can help it :p

DadWealth, Bunbury, craigc and 3 others like this.
  6. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Well I suppose this sell contract price would be signed in new TFY 2022 then, so next year's tax problem which can be planned for?:D

Sackie likes this.
  7. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

STOP SELLING!!!!!

If you keep this up, you will cause the next Brissie crash (as your supply will exceed demand) :p .

mkbonline, spoon, craigc and 2 others like this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Perfect buying opportunities then;)

Scott No Mates and kierank like this.
  9. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

WHAT!!!

You want me to “come out of retirement”? :eek:

10. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Nicely plan out on a tax effective strategy.

Sackie likes this.
  11. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Good thing you have a never ending supply of properties to flog off! :D

Do you have a write up of your property journey somewhere? I don't think I've read yours.

2FAST4U likes this.
  12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Don't be lazy, come back and join the rest of us :p

kierank likes this.
  13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Simple story really. Nothing special.

Just started early, worked my ass off, totally obsessed for the first 10 years, add a little bit of luck and plenty of blessings from above . And here I am.

14. oracle

oracle Well-Known Member

@Sackie what's the plan going forward after being so much cashed up. Is it still to buy residential good location undervalued properties or something bigger. I mean you have been playing in the millions but any plans to move up into the big boys league to start looking at deals in the tens of millions?

Cheers,
    Oracle.

15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Doing deals in the 10s of millions via investors would be massively stressful and the risks wouldn't be worth it for us. Also it wouldn't be in line with our goals.

My partner's business is to structure assets for individuals who do deals over 100m and I know first hand most of those folks don't have a life. Little family time, working 24/7 and the pressures are massive. Not something we want:)

We recently bought 2 more commercial businesses and a residential reno deal as well as expanded a commercial venture in China.

Our goals are basically to live our best life as much as possible and grow our business in a way which continues to allow us almost total freedom on a daily basis to really enjoy life. More money isn't the answer for us to increase happiness.

Truly Exotic, Bunbury, Angel and 8 others like this.
  16. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

Love this response.

VICPER and MTR like this.
  17. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I understand chasing the dollar when you're starting out and growing your base. But once you don't need to chase it anyone, that's when life really becomes fun. For us anyway.

Our priority isn't on growing our assets anymore, but totally focused on being present for our daughter and giving her the best life possible. :)

samiam and Firefly99 like this.
  18. Harris

Harris Well-Known Member

Good luck with the sale and hopefully you will get top $$ for it but have to 'strongly' disagree with your analysis- even if giving you the benefit of doubt of your partner dealing in that space.

In my personal experience, the higher on the ladder you go, the bigger deal sizes there are, the more free time you get as you delegate more, keep to the macro-picture and essentially take a leadership position.

Especially when you get to enjoy the deal flow and thrive on creating massive value out of thin air (arbitrage, listing, M&A), you can add tens or hundreds of millions of value for yourself/ shareholders in a small time frame.

I would have thought the small business owner who is working 18 hour days (say the restaurateurs etc) and stressing day and night about paying the the mortgage, loans and lack of holidays etc has more 24/7 stressful life than someone with a $100m+ net worth working on large deals.

Your buying into 2 commercial businesses and then expanding an o/s venture in China and doing a reno doesn't sound like a walk in the park lifestyle to me :). I am sure, any venture when starting out, be it $1b or $500k require an endless amount of work to set things up and fully resourced! Doing 3 at a time sounds like a nightmare - but I am sure you will manage them well!

I am taking a company public nov/ mar on asx (market cap over $500m and not as a founder this time but as a founding shareholder with a minority but significant stake) and have never had more time for myself. Other founding shareholders in the same boat. I would say 9 out of 10 people I know in that 'bracket' are largely leading a lifestyle with incredible life choices and not as stressful as one might be led to think.

I believe the size of stress is totally agnostic of the deal size - those with $500k ventures are likely to have as much stress as those with $500m or likely a lot more. At-least the worries at higher ends are never about paying mortgages, school fees, affording holidays or retirement - they are of a different nature and have largely no likelihood on the quality of one's life, retirement or leaving plenty behind for the kids' future.

Westie, Jana, Bunbury and 10 others like this.
  19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Sounds very exciting mate! Best of luck with it.

With regards to the higher you go the more free time you have, I'm not convinced. Especially what's going on in the head, no one knows. But perhaps my sample size of stories isn't big enough.

For us, most importantly it's about what we need for happiness. And a lot more money isn't the answer. We are fine with money. So we're focusing on other aspects of life .

But whatever works for the individual and gets them excited and happy in life.

Last edited: 25th Jun, 2021
    Firefly99 likes this.
  20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member