SA election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by twobobsworth, 17th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

The supermarket giants want to be able to be open. The retail lobby driven by the independant supermarkets (Foodland etc) oppose them being open on an anti competition basis.

Unlike almost everywhere else, independant supermarkets have a very strong market share, SA shoppers are far more loyal to local brands than other states.

I live in a rural area, my local supermarket is a Foodland in Lobethal which is rural town . Its open 8am - 9pm 7 days and is always busy

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Not far from Hahndorf, which is where I stay when I am in Adelaide. Hahndorf only has a small IGA, so I just go to Foodland, IGA, Coles or Woolies in Mt. Barker. They seem to be open late.

3. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

I go to Mt Barker when I need a late night shop - on a Sunday if I drive to the city everything is closed by 5pm, instead go 10 minutes the other way and I can get into Coles until 11pm.

I'm looking forward to the new Liberal government - hopefully they will put in positive changes to help SA utilise its potential better.

Trading hours are silly - let businesses open/close when they like. If it's not profitable they'll work it out themselves. If employee's don't want to work night shift - don't. There's always someone keen to take on more work.

Perthguy likes this.