Russia invading Ukraine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Properwin, 24th Feb, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Properwin

Properwin Well-Known Member

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Here we go. More innocent lives lost no doubt. Psychos in power.

Hopefully there won't be too many kids blown up. These leaders are sickening.

qak, Observer, Lizzie and 3 others like this.
  3. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Doncossack likes this.
  4. Properwin

The reports on the ground are saying that Russian Special Forces have taken over the Kiev International Airport. Still unconfirmed by mainstream media. But lots of videos of the airport on fire.

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I think US/Allies are finally paying a very smart game...they will choke Russia economically that has more effect on Putin..it will take time...but if you cut them off....people will buy more Oil from Opec...gives NATO an excuse to shore up Poland...Latvia...Lithivania..etc. In 2 years Russia will be an economic wreck. I reckon Russia economy is going to shrink 10% plus as result of this move.

Even Germans have stopped a gas pipeline.

Last edited by a moderator: 25th Feb, 2022
    JDP1 and Lizzie like this.
  6. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

This is bad, very bad. WTF is going on?

Situation has devolved from threats to incursion into a small part of Ukraine to full scale war on the capital within a few days. WW3 anyone?

7. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Yep, and China will be watching closely.

Them and the Ruskies want to sock it to the West, and we have been beating our deputy marshal chest here like the school kid with a big brother, they will be on our doorstep potentially and the US and EU cannot be everywhere at once...

And it will not be any half baked Arab army who wants to run away if/when it happens.

8. dabbler

I think he a Xi have a pact & are both as mad as cut snakes, drowning in power, and itching to use it and make history perhaps.

Will the Russian and Chinese people go along with it ? Chinese are very compliant and fed propaganda from young, Ruskies maybe not so much.

9. Alex AB

Alex AB Well-Known Member

Now the war has somewhat officially started - what do you think will happen next? Russia will control only a couple of regions or will expand to the whole country in matter of weeks? Will NATO and US deploy troops to fight or just apply sanctions and diplomatic pressure?

10. dabbler

If you are expanding and saying to want to take things back, and you get little opposition, why would you stop ?

gman65 likes this.
  11. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I hope not!

12. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Not sure how sanctions will work. Germany and others need that energy for it snows there most time of the year.
    Biden and the US have been trying their best to shut it down for years. And since they were very close Russian doesn't have much to lose there atm.
    And in context of intervention they much more cause than the US did in Iraq and Afghanistan an Syria.
    They are still trying to clean up all the other messes they made.
    As for Scotty's rants for not respecting sovreinty...sure lol they are for the plebs. How many countries are ANZUS spec-ops curently "illegally" stationed in?
    I reckon it will be much less than the "half baked Arabs".
    Yes the factions have been warring since 2014, but there will be less warring if they're split apart, like Yugoslavia.

Doncossack and gman65 like this.
  13. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Dunedin's in the arse end of the world....think I might feel safer there.

14. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I might follow.

15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Watch the Chinese....they cannot afford massive sanctions against them...it will turn their anaemic GDP from 4.8% to negative. Xi knows this...he may actually sell Russia out instead ...that could fire the economy there.

As for a half baked army...do not under estimate Ukraine's ability to fight. Apparently people are taking up arms...a nightmare to invade. Unless they target civilians....

Observer likes this.
  16. Properwin

Not quite… Australia might annex NZ next while no one’s watching…

Noobieboy and standtall like this.
  17. Alex AB

Alex AB Well-Known Member

There is a new book from Ray Dalio that I was looking at and listened to some interviews about a new world order. He was talking more from investment perspective but seems some politics in that because it is intertwined. He was talking more about China vs US as I understood it.

Look like Russia and China will want to shake things up then. Let’s see how US and allies respond to that.

China might not take over Taiwan now but they can watch to see how US and NATO handle this war. If US and NATO just talk and no action then probably the same in the future.

Baker likes this.
  18. dabbler

Bring back Trump, he would have gone over and given Putin a nice massage to relieve the tension....lol

Actually, I do not think Putin would have done this with Trump, he was actually an unknown.

He was not trying to disband NATO, that was all talk to get more money, and I agree, they needed to kick the tin more. Putin did not want them joining the West, and think of Trump as any sort of bufoon you want, but I am sure Putin knew not to play then.

Enter a weak Pres, shows all cards with mid east, and viola, here is the result.

This is another likely history making moment folks that we are watching. It changes things and the order.

Squirrell and Doncossack like this.
  19. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Do not underestimate Biden ... the Middle East debacle was all Trump's doing, he set it up with promises and declaration and signing Prez Decrees ... and was delayed a long as possible by Biden to get as many out as they could.

Seriously wonder if yourself and Piston are (pro Russia) Fox spokespersons

Babesoft, Joynz and thatbum like this.
  20. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Disagree, Trump has already expressed support and admiration for these actions by Putin and unlikely he would have done much to stop it.
    Trump praises ‘genius’ Putin for moving troops to eastern Ukraine

Ukraine being attacked from Belarus now as well, hundreds dead already.

Babesoft, Joynz, gman65 and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.