NSW Run for the Hills?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sash, 26th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Not really, I think anything settling in 203 years is full of risk......ba ha ha ha......

2. WinDyz.

WinDyz. Well-Known Member

For 300-350sqm house in around 1 mill you can still get a house way closer to city with much better life style. Terrace house in leichard, marrickville, even some old houses in Chatswood west is in that price bracket....
    I just can't justify it.

Eric Wu likes this.
  3. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

But that's the thing you don't get.. The demand to live in the area is nuts because of all the things I said.. Why buy an attached house on 100sqm land with no sunlight in your house when you can get a new detached one? People are happy to live that far from CBD cause majority of us don't work in the cbd... I think the pricing of the houses is not as overpriced as the Townhouses and units.. 3 bed Townhouses are selling for 900k.. My 4 bed house when packaged up cost me 620k 4 months ago.. Units are selling out at a higher price than my place..I think they'll cop it.. There will be mortgagee sales, like everywhere, when rates go up..and chatswood west is the most underpriced suburb in Sydney when looking at its pricing. Not many sales though so hard to gauge where it's at..seems like flood or bushfire affected properties are cheap...also I challenge u to find me a 4 bedroom home in marrickville for $1m...

Last edited: 7th Sep, 2015
  4. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

Couldn't think of anything worse. Image trying to get from Leichhardt to Castle Hill for work let alone fit a family of 5 into a terrace!

ej89 likes this.
  5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

@Tekoz you should set up a thread to hype Schofields and the surrounding burbs. Hehe.

Some ethnic groups like everything brand new including a house so they are attracted to those new burbs with confidence that property prices will always go up eventually even with some stagnant years.

Each to its own.

Tekoz likes this.
  6. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

None of the owner occupiers I know bought there cause they thought prices would go up.. They bought purely on the lifestyle and the end product.. All upgraders, downsizers and retirees.

Tekoz likes this.
  7. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Yes that too. Lifestyle.

8. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@ej89 if that's the case below, then the price could go up higher but at slower pace right ?

Because if any suburbs has more Owner Occupier rather than Investor, then the value of that suburbs should be growing ?

@larrylarry :D no need mate, I do not have vested in terest in that area so I just throwing some ideas here to be discussed as to why those suburbs far-far away is the most profitable area in Sydney with growth more than 43% this year.

larrylarry likes this.
  9. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

But that's the thing - a much better lifestyle, for you.

Hell, for a mill I could get a lovely terrace in inner-Newcastle that had been renovated and was a great place. That doesn't mean that is the right answer for everyone.

If I still *shudder* lived in Sydney I'd 100% agree with you - my money would be going elsewhere, but that is based on my own preferences. And those preferences aren't the only ones around. Some people put their value in being closer to work (e.g. Norwest), good schools, a sense of community, living in a new place, being able to build their dream home, whatever it might be.

Neither is right or wrong. Just different.

ej89 likes this.
  10. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. You'd have to ask someone like @sash about that.

Tekoz likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia