RPI's Charity - Why I've been Quiet On Here

Discussion in 'Philanthropy' started by RPI, 26th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Hi All

I've been quiet on here the last 4 months or so.

The charity I established a couple of decades ago (helping kids play sport) and have run ever since but kept very quiet last year merged with another and have been very busy with that.

I chair the merged one - Excel Foundation - www.excel.org.au

We managed to achieve registration as a Public Benevolent Institution and gain Deductible Gift Recipient Status. Previously we had relied only on corporate sponsorship, whereas this allows us to encourage individual support.

Our foundation is currently tendering to convert the licence to a lease for the Colmslie Community Centre - www.excel.org.au/colmsliecc

Last year 728 students a week used it for dance. We also have takewondo, other NFP's use it regularly. It's also offered to community groups, schools, kindys and sports clubs for a token fee to help them maximise their fundraising dollar.

We have significant support but also have one competitor with significant support.

I'm not chasing any financial support, but there is an individual supporters form you can sign on the website to help us show support. Anyone involved in a sports club, p&c or other community group in Brisbane interested in using the centre or who'd be willing to write a letter of support would be much appreciated.

2. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Great work D! Don't forget to shoot me that email.

3. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Very easy form to fill out ,and another one on your list I hope your are successful ..