RP Data Group - Full National Access

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Craig202, 19th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Craig202

Craig202 Member

Hi, I have an RP data group running that has full national access and your own account, no shared logins. Let me know if any one is interested. Cheers, Craig.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@BuyersAgent has organised that for quite a few people.

BuyersAgent likes this.
  3. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Putting my hand up!

vivienne Halliday likes this.
  4. Craig202

Craig202 Member

Hi @Leo2413 , just another option for people to look at if they wish. All the best, Craig

Elives likes this.
  5. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

thanks mate
    Hi Jaybean, if you wish send me a PM. About to do another intake as I have a few waiting. I need to do bookings in blocks.
    Howdy Craig - happy to chat anytime its a side hobby for me at present drop me a line - interested in how you have found RP to deal with?

6. Craig202

Craig202 Member

Sure happy to chat as well, I see your number above will give you a call. My RP data group seems to work a little different as we at present don't go in blocks, just add people on that want to come on. Will talk.

7. GaryG

GaryG Member

Could you please share costs.may be via PM? thanks

8. Rooky

Rooky Well-Known Member

Please let me know how much is cost and how do i pay via PM.

9. hieund85

hieund85 Well-Known Member

Hi Craig, I am also interested in your RP data group. Could you please let me know how much and how to join?

10. pjvdl

pjvdl Member

Hi
    I am interested. Can you please PM me details of costs, etc.?

11. jay.

jay. Active Member

I'm interested, could you PM me details?

12. BuyersAgent

I finally got RP to back down on the number of members I could onboard at a time so can now do in much smaller groups of say 2 and 3. I have 2 spots at present having just onboarded someone this week. Any interest please PM or email me.

13. vivienne Halliday

vivienne Halliday Active Member

Another option i have a group going at the moment too. Good price national access professional pm me if interested

14. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Yas. Me please!

15. XBenX

XBenX Well-Known Member

Is there a reason the pricing on licences are not public? #informationasymmetry

I have my own - just interested as to why it is always a bit secretive.

Why not make it like the interest rate threads?

16. BuyersAgent

This is a fair question that deserves an answer. Firstly, story time....

I joined Somersoft in 2003. It along with books by Jan Somers got me my start in real estate. I am forever grateful. I started buying pricefinder data as a private investor many years ago in a Somersoft group. I eventually took over that group when the existing admin got sick and tired of the time investment. It is a time consuming process. It is not big business or lucrative (in my experience) I do it as a thank you to the forum that has given me so much, and as a way to extend a friendly relationship with investors. Keeping my finger on the pulse of investor mindset and behaviour is obviously valuable for me.

For me personally I have not published prices because of the following reasons:

1 - Forum posts exist in perpetuity. A price posted here is seen by a lot of people in future yrs. I already get LOADS of people asking for data at 2002 prices (like 24per month "like we used to have"). They don't exist anymore, ain't nobody got time for that. I already explain the pricing several times a week but arguing with people on price next yr because I may change something in the future and someone saw an old forum thread with an out dated price is not a time usage I am willing to participate in.

2 - RP Data changed their quoted price to me no less than 4 times before settling on a contract that I think (think) will stick for a while (even though they knowingly signed off on a contract which they then said was invalid and re issued with different terms) this yr so I was not confident that I could continue delivering at a certain price point for a good few months. To be honest I am still working out how to trust and relate to them as a large corporation with some quite interesting behaviours.

3 - After a yr of doing RP Data and 4 yrs doing Pricefinder I still make a loss on my groups (Pf finally breakeven but RP way backwards) when I add the basically cost price memberships I provide to members plus the monthly administration fee that RP Data stung me with (one of those contract changes mentioned at point 2). I need to double the size of the groups just to hit critical mass and maybe one day make a small profit for my time. I hope to increase the membership price slightly once I hit critical mass and if you remember point 1 I know forum members will want to argue that point if/when it happens. Until now and up until that happens I have been discounting for forum members as part hobby, part case study, market testing, relationships with investors, and finally as thank you to the forum for the role it has played in my learning.

4 - Interest rate threads exist because big banks make multi billion dollar profits, we all have zero loyalty to them and want to shop around. I fully agree with that sentiment. I am not a big bank. I am a guy who fell in love with property, made it my full time gig and have a business based on referrals because I look after my clients. As a small operator I build personal relationships with investors who I like and who seem to like me. I add as much value as I can and I don't want the kind of business ever that sells primarily on price. People who join my group email me with support requests, ask me questions and I respond as quickly as I can. This week someone had a family crisis and asked to be refunded. I will try to help them get a refund, as I try to help everyone who I work with.

Summary, in this context arguing over a $50 price increase from last yr is not a good use of my time and I am trying to prevent that in the future hence not publishing a price advertisement that will never be able to be deleted. Maybe I am overthinking it, if so, sorry but I have had too many conversations with people who want paid data for half of what the wholesale cost price is to want to keep repeating myself. They are big sofware companies, and they set the prices. I want myself and as many savvy investors as possible to get it for as cheap as possible but we all remain customers who can only do our best negotiating en mass to keep costs down but its always subject to those firms pricing models which will keep changing in the future.

17. vivienne Halliday

Yes there are different types and levels too I try to share at cost and that changes from time to time as buyers agent says above Iā€™m all about giving value

18. Roley

Roley Member

Hi Vivienne, Do you have any spots left and if so how much are they?

19. Craig202

Craig202 Member

Hi Roley, I have spots available as well and with it you will get access to other content such as a feaso spreadsheet, videos and other. PM me if you would like a price and or further information from me as well. I will leave it with you. All the best with your investing in 2018. Craig

20. vivienne Halliday

Hi Roley. I have 2 spots left