NSW Rouse Hill

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by wombat777, 29th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SydneySider

SydneySider Member

Totally agree, Its really a hard decision and i am kind of inclined to go for a smaller plot and a small single story home to keep it under 750 K.
    By the way, how much you paid for how much big lot ? Back in 2016, it would have been a good bargain i guess?

2. NWHunter

NWHunter Well-Known Member

We are also thinking about one of the 300sqm lot there Bargola....its purely our IP. Given that land will be around $500k, how are you thinking the total of $750k? In $250k can we have a house there? Can you please share some details on builder /plan you are thinking? It will be good info for us as being tight on budget and being an IP.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

3. SydneySider

SydneySider Member

This will be my PPOR. I was thinking of building a singe story home 4,2,1 in a budget of 250 K. I spoke to couple of builders and seems this is doable.
    However, am not sure of the timing as i should proceed or not as the market condition says property prices are going down. I may be able to buy a bigger home with more land component in a similar suburb in coming months.

4. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Plans for the expansion of Rouse Hill Town Centre have been submitted to council.

Hills Shire Times

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

I've uploaded some artists impressions of the plans which would be from the DA ( which I can't currently look at in detail due to a weak internet connection ).

1.jpeg 7.jpeg 6.jpeg 5.jpeg 4.jpeg 3.jpeg 2.jpeg

5. wombat777

Ground level plans (overview).

ground level.png

6. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

@wombat777 as you are invested in rouse hill, how will the prices be like over the next few years?

7. wombat777

I think the pockets that are within a 10-20 minute walk of the train station will hold stable ( houses and townhouses ).

There are a large number of units to settle in the next 12-24 months, so I think we’ll see some price drops there.

I’m expecting a specific location and funding for a new hospital will be announced by the current government before the state election.

They had set aside funding to buy a site. There aren’t large sites within 1 km of the train station at Rouse Hill.

I’m wondering if they will aim to do a compulsory acquisition of land in the area behind the Mean Fiddler and Mc Donald’s. I think zoning has the scope for it ( future intent to change potential of that area was announced).

8. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

There are massive bargains out there for all investors. Starr Partners Kellyville had a little block for sale at offers over $330k in neighbouring Box Hill.

9. lynchy

lynchy Well-Known Member

Perth > Melbourne > Sydney > London > Sydney
    We’ve got 2, 100 townhouse sites on Terry and Cudgegong RDs. Pretty happy where pricing is at the moment.

Units will have plenty of issues though

wombat777 likes this.
  10. wombat777

Wow!

Some interesting dual key designs of a few competed dwellings i’ve seen advertised.

Are any of yours planned to be dual-key?

11. noviceInvestor1

noviceInvestor1 Well-Known Member

Mr Car Tart, could you please list a few examples of the properties you would classify as bargains. Thanks so much!!

12. lynchy

lynchy Well-Known Member

Perth > Melbourne > Sydney > London > Sydney
    Yeah they will be. Being a Chinese developer, we always have a fairly large % as dual key. It’s a big thing in China where most units are

13. wombat777

Only 3 to 4 months to go! Will be fabulous for Rouse Hill and the other suburbs on the route.

“Sydney commuters will be able to catch driverless metro trains between Sydney's north west and Chatswood as early as April or May after the first train successfully completed running on the entire length of the 36-kilometre line.

The exact date of the opening of Australia's first driverless passenger line will depend on complex testing of train systems and signalling over the coming weeks, as well as final approval for services by the national safety regulator.”

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/driverless-train-runs-full-length-of-new-sydney-line-ahead-of-opening-20190114-p50raq.html

trinity168 likes this.
  14. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Good news for the north west

15. wombat777

With the election coming up, we should find out the site for the hospital soon.

Sorry - article is behind a paywall.

427DECF2-B219-4FAB-B64B-77E932B5462E.jpeg

16. wombat777

17. hash_investor

So regarding Rouse Hill, I see there are quite a few estates over there. I am contemplating the pros and cons of buying in those estates / communities. Can someone enlighten me especially about reasons I should be doing a long term investment in an estate? Are there any rules that I have to adhere with ? Will that limit my further development options etc.?

18. wombat777

There are generally caveats on land in new estates. They are generally specific for each estate and you will need to read up on the conditions. They should be available from the dveeloper of the estate.

If you are talking within the confines of Rouse Hill, one of the estates is a bit isolated. There is one NW of Annangrove Road that is arguably part of Box Hill. Would easily be a 30+ minute walk from any of the new train stations. Avoid this area circled in red.

If you can find housing or townhouse lots within the Cudgegong Road area then focus on the location within a 15 minute walk of the station (blue circle - only approximate). Double check walking times with google maps for yourself ( or put your shoes on ).

For any land-lots, have a look into whether you can do dual-key. In the area that I live in near the town centre there are a few houses that have grany flats above a detached garage. You will probably find the good lots have already been sold.

I think avoid further out at Box Hill in this market.

rh1.JPG

19. hash_investor

pic not attached

20. wombat777

Reposting image if it’s a format or browser issue.

9892CA74-3887-417B-846F-5B3AA3CF0BCB.jpeg

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia