NSW Rouse Hill

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by wombat777, 29th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SteffS

SteffS Well-Known Member

2. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

No details for strata but expect to be high. Likely to erode your return by 20 to 25%.

Gross yield about 4% for a 2-bedder
    ( $550 pw x 52 / $710k = 4.03% )

2-bedders are at $710k

https://www.realestate.com.au/prope...u/property-apartment-nsw-rouse+hill-124186274

I'd expect settlement to be at least 18 months to 2 years away. Be wary of settlement risk but location might help valuation.

IMG_8533.PNG

3-bedders are listed at $650/week, 2-bedders at $550.

IMG_8531.PNG
    IMG_8530.PNG

3. wombat777

Tony Fleming likes this.
  4. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

It'll be where rouse hill regional park is

5. wombat777

Charch likes this.
  6. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm currently selling otp apartments around there too, over 1000 apartments expected to be added quite close to the cudgegong station! I was quite shocked at the number.

Kellyville land prices are now 750k for 466m2 and we actually did an experiment to see if we can do anything for under 1m. Well yes but you only get the house with only an aircon lol!

7. wombat777

This development has just been approved for commercial road.

It is going in the area between the defunct Masters store and Greenhills Drive which will be extended.

333 units! Crikey!

Units near train station get approved

IMG_0602.JPG

It's going in this area on the northern side of Commercial Road. A new road will be built cutting the land lot in two.

IMG_0604.jpg

Esh likes this.
  8. New2prop

New2prop Well-Known Member

Land still available close to the cudgegong station for just below $600k for 300 sqm : could you get a build for $300k including settlement costs finish within $900k. Would this get valued for 1.1Mn by the time station is operational in 2 years?

9. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

I came across an internal deal getting closed at 970k.
    Never hit the market. Tou can never be sure in this market. What are the end vals that you see now?

10. New2prop

New2prop Well-Known Member

Given that the land is less than 500m to the station, I am guessing 1.1 is achievable

11. SteffS

SteffS Well-Known Member

Hello guys, we are trying to buy land only near cudgegong station (not rivo) but cannot find any agent selling it atm, all we see sometimes is HNL packages. Can you plz share who os selling (agents? )land only?

12. sumterrence

sumterrence Well-Known Member

Wombat looks like you follow very closely of the rouse Hill development.

I'm looking at purchasing an OTP unit in this area, before I make the final decision can you please share your latest thoughts?

Based on my research it seems like the OTP prices has come down a lot which make its lucrative and concerning at the same time.

Thanks mate!

13. wombat777

I live in the area, about a 10 minute walk from Rouse Hill Town Centre. Hence my interest. I have not been following prices recently as I have been away. Have not really been following prices for units. The town centre is set to almost double in size. If looking at units I would try and get ones on the perimeter of the town centre ( within 5 minutes walk ).

The rail line is set to open mid 2019. From Rouse Hill it will be 30 minutes to Macquarie Park (a major employment precinct) and eventually about 50 minutes to the city ( once the extension from Chatswood via a new under the harbour link to Barrangaroo and Martin Place opens ).

One thing you need to be aware of is the massive number of units to be developed over the next decade in the area between Kellyville and Norwest Business Park.

Kellyville - Department of Planning and Environment

Large scale development will also occur near Cudgegong Road.

Cudgegong Road Station - Department of Planning and Environment

sumterrence likes this.
  14. wombat777

I found the DA for the planned expansion. DA number to search for is - 1141/2017/JP. You can try to find it yourself here: Error ( click the tab for application number and search there ).

The area marked Stage 2 on the diagrams is the new development that is planned. It will extend over the existing Rouse Hill Drive.

There are already off the plan units being sold in the area south of Commercial Road and adjacent to Caddies Boulevard. Anything in that area will be within 5 minutes walk of the train station ( brown rectangle shown at the end of Main Street ).

Caddies Boulevard is being extended to the North through current green space to link with the older part of Rouse Hill. There is a unit block planned adjacent to the new road. That would be within a 5-7 minute walk of the town centre.

Capture.PNG

sumterrence likes this.
  15. sumterrence

Thanks mate, what is your view in the developments near Cudgegong Station?

One particular develop that caught my attention is one that right adjacent to the station across the road. It is only 150m away apparently. With a new proposed town centre being built right next to the station, which will be opposite/ across the Rd of the developments.

16. wombat777

I don't know the development specifically but have seen the concept plans for the area. The overall plans look good.

http://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/Plan...~/media/2A9F8F4FE9384802BAC0E8F67AE08092.ashx

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 8.08.52 pm.png

sumterrence likes this.
  17. sumterrence

18. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

recently went to Rouse Hill to have a bite to eat and a pain in the backside to try to find parking and congested like anything. I hope that once all the developments and buildings are up, it's not going to take a long time to just get out of the suburb like Bella Vista or Rhodes.

19. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

I can almost guarantee that it will be.
    The only road upgrade that I'm aware of near there (apart from the West end of Schofields Road) is Annangrove Road. But I doubt this will ease congestion unless they create a connection East between the town centre and Annangrove Rd.
    But then all the land around Annangrove Rd will be developed.........

20. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

From a road access perspective Rouse Hill is a bit of a pain.
    There are a countless number of traffic lights on Old Windsor Road between Rouse Hill & Parramatta for example.

I lived in Glenwood for over 15 years and it takes a good 20 minutes to Parramatta from there, so I'd add another 12-15 minutes from Rouse Hill. With 1000s of units going in it isn't going to get any better.