NSW Rouse Hill

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by wombat777, 29th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Tony Fleming and Pixie like this.
  2. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

For the first time, The Ponds median prices have surpassed Rouse Hill.

The Ponds - $1,034,000.00
    Rouse Hill - $1,028,500.00

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

For either of them to be over $1m would not have been imaginable not too long ago.

4. wombat777

Not surprising. The Ponds is a completely new suburb. This helps to pull the median higher.

5. standtall

True - In 2010, my wife made me ask a refund on a house & land package for $600k in The Ponds because she thought it was too far from everything. Similar houses in that street are now selling for $1.4mil+.

Sam Yue, New2prop and Gockie like this.
  6. New2prop

New2prop Well-Known Member

IMO probably not worth 600k in 2010 nor 1.4 mil now. It could hit 1.8 to 2 mil by the time train line is operational. May be buy in better area closer to CBD?

7. wombat777

Taking the $1.8m figure, that would require 11.4% pa growth annualised for 2.5 years. The train line is anticipated to open in 2.5 years. I think continued growth at that sort of rate for the next 2.5 years is unlikely, particularly if we get more than one rate rise in quick succession.

The Ponds is in NABs list of suburbs where a 20% deposit is required. Nearby Bella Vista, Winston Hills and Baulkham Hills are also on the list. Most people buying in these areas will be upgraders due to the high deposits required.

Many people buying in these areas are buying for newness appeal, compared to older suburbs closer in such as Baulkham Hills and Cherrybrook.

8. standtall

An asset is worth the money people are willing to pay for it. The Ponds has been a good success story for people who got in early.

9. standtall

The Ponds is not one suburb. Most houses around the lake, John Palmer and The Ponds shopping centre and Jonas Bradley oval are at a premium while you would be able to easily find under $1 million houses on the other side of the creek where the new high school is.

Add Carlingford, Beecroft and West Penno into the list. Westpac hasn't been lending in these suburbs lately. There's a 20% variance between RP Auto Vals and the vendor asking prices in all these suburbs and that makes banks very nervous.

That's true. I have been going to open houses in the area (particularly Carlingford, Baulkham Hills, Cherrybrook, Beecroft, West Pennant Hills etc.) and apparently The Ponds is now more expensive than all these suburbs on per square meter land value basis. A 700sqm average block in older suburbs versus 400-450sqm blocks in The Ponds.

Think from the point of view of a young family - The Ponds offers numerous running tracks, two community centres with heaps of evening classes, cycling paths, two brand new sports ovals, fibre to home NBN plus decent schools. Moving closer to city, the suburbs that come closer to offering a similar family lifestyle are $2 mil median areas like St Ives.

Kis Kis likes this.
  10. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

The_good_life and wombat777 like this.
  11. Sam Yue

Sam Yue Well-Known Member

That's crazy. But 7 years passed, it is amazing how time is your friend for CG

WattleIdo likes this.
  12. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

There was nothing like that when I started looking.
    Blocks of land were $300k or I had the option to buy one of the last blocks in the Beaumont Hills off Stockland for $325k who also offered a $21k cash back on settlement, no prizes for guessing which one I bought. Wish I bought all of them ;)...but instead I built a gigantic mcmansion for just the two of us and had to sell it when my wife took 4 years off work to have kids :(
    Who said you need to plan for the future

13. wombat777

14. The_good_life

The_good_life Well-Known Member

I truly hope they get some decent shops in!
    It's crazy how much Rouse Hill and the surrounds have changed in the last few years and still are.
    The traffic during peak hour is crazy though.
    Lots of demand here, prices on some in Rouse Hill and surrounds are over 100K more than what they would have sold for last year!

15. Michael M.

Michael M. Member

Does anyone have links to news regarding the RH hospital development?

16. wombat777

17. wombat777

18. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

dont know why "a new feel" would pull the median higher. green leafy streets have always attracted me much more than rows of concrete blocks

19. wombat777

There are older and cheaper pockets of Rouse Hill that were developed from the late 90's. These pockets pull the suburb median down.

Rouse Hill has developed over 20 years. The Ponds has only developed over the last 5. Hopefully trees have started to mature in The Ponds.

20. wombat777

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia