NSW Rouse Hill / North Kellyville for PPOR?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by fwmonger, 24th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Thomacino

Thomacino Well-Known Member

My apologies, I meant Duncraig Estate.

2. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Very reasonable. I was very closely monitoring that market recently and I can count on one hand the number of houses sold for less than a mil after election. Even before election prices were close to a mil. You need to look at the demographic that buys there and what they want. Sure you can find houses sold for less than 1.3m recently but people would spend another 100k on it after purchase before move in. I have seen a house sold for 1.1m near Samentha Riley but that is still renovating... 4 months almost.

3. fwmonger

fwmonger Active Member

How is Duncraig estate in general? I hear varied opinions about it. Personally, I found the houses there good and the estate to be green and leafy. The proximity to Castle Hill and the transport options from Green Road also make it a desirable estate to me.

4. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

I know the Kellyville area well, having lived there for a number of years.
    To me, it depends on what you value more - the Metro commute; or proximity to schools, shop and playing fields.
    If you value the commute, then somewhere within 1km of Kellyville station (not on the other side of Windsor road) would work well. Then you could (as someone else has mentioned) look at Stanhope gardens too - you will have no problem with 1.2 million..
    If you are ok to be around 1.5 to 2 kms from the metro, then Maeve or Hayes avenue in Kellyville is a very good spot - you are close to Bernie Mullane (open spaces), Kellyville shops and some great schools as well (William Clarke).
    Anyway, good luck with your search!

hash_investor likes this.
  5. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    Hi guys,

Hoping some of the locals can shed some light on whether there usually is available parking at the Kellyville metro station on mornings when catching the metro to the city or does one need to come in early to be sure to get a spot?

Thanks guys

6. fwmonger

fwmonger Active Member

@Esh Saw some amazing houses in Kellyville Ridge and The Ponds. The houses were even walkable to the metro station while most houses in Kellyville are not. But, why are these suburbs cheaper than Kellyville in spite of them being more closer to the public transport? Is there something I can't see as I have never lived in that area?

Esh likes this.
  7. MammaMia

MammaMia Member

One falls under blacktown council and the other Hills Shire. Historically Blacktown council has always been seen as inferior to the Hills (Not my opinion but general opinion). I'm a local..

Esh likes this.
  8. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Depends what time you leave. and which stn. Showground is chockablock at 7am and so is Cherrybrook as both have small carparks. The ondemand bus route avoids this but is not a large area (eg shoground bus doesnt go past Wrights Rd) and its around $5 a day. The normal bus routes have all been rejigged so the 601/610 etc buses which is high frequency now all stop at Showground etc and seems to have become very popular to connect to showground. Have a look at bus connections. There is a large carpark between BellaVista and Kellyville stns which also have large open carparks a bit closer but it is a big walk. I would try a few mornings to see. Carparks can be deceiving and fill quickly as they look bigger than capacity appears

9. hash_investor

That tells me you need to do more research otherwise you may make a long term costly mistake. You pay for the suburb and street not a structure.

10. fwmonger

fwmonger Active Member

True. In Sydney, the prices depend more on what people perceive a suburb to be than on actual fundamentals.
    How are the areas around President road and Rosebery road in Kellyville? REAs tell me that they are considered to be the premium pockets of Kellyville. I would like to know what locals think.

11. MammaMia

MammaMia Member

I agree. All around Kellyville village is prime all the way up to Bernie Mullane.
    Fairway drive is great too but now falls under the new suburb "Norwest" and priced closer to Bella Vista now.
    Do a search here, there are mutiple threads on Kellyville, Rouse hill.

12. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

Agreed, thats literally the only reason I can thino of too. And maybe more established area?

13. hash_investor

Its part of the reason but the only reason. Hills council has good outdoor facilities around the area but Blacktown council doesn't. There are walking tracks, parks, etc. which were non existent on the other side of Windsor Rd historically. Unfortunately because of the perception many affluent people moved to the hills leaving the less affluent behind which has now become a factor though with the development of Kellyville Ridge and The Ponds it is changing.

14. Ashik

Ashik New Member

I was in the same boat as op for Kellyville Rousehill. Took too long to decide during the downturn so properties I liked quickly moved out of my budget. Bought in the border of Kellyville ridge and Stanhope gardens. Houses walking distance to metro comes with a premium. Otherwise 1.2m will get you a nice house.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.