Rough cost estimate for bottled LPG?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by LouiseJ, 20th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LouiseJ

LouiseJ Well-Known Member

I'm buying a house that has bottled LPG (two bottles) for hot water and home heating.

I was trying to find some rough price estimates online to help with the budget I'm putting together but no one wants to give any information until you provide all your details, I'm not moved in for 6 weeks or so.

Can anyone give me a rough ballpark figure for annual costs? Three person household if relevant.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

It varies depending upon supplier, bundled services and location.

If you're moving to Groote Eylandt it may cost more than in Sydney CBD.

3. LouiseJ

LouiseJ Well-Known Member

Sutherland Shire of Sydney if that helps, although I gather maybe too hard to do an estimate. Just not sure if I should be thinking $250 or $750 for example.

4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

With 3 people you might go through 2 bottles every 2 months depending on whats on gas eg hws, cooktop, oven, bbq etc. Refill is about $80 a bottle, typically 2 bottles per house

5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Call a local supplier. Roughly 30-50/yr connection fee i think then a bottle is 100-130 +/-delivery fee.
    How much you use depends on how many people and what's hooked up to gas. For hot water, heating and cooking you'll go through it quick.
    As a guesstimate I'll say 6 bottles per year for your situation. ...which i have very little knowledge of :)