WA Rosehill Waters (South Guildford) or Bletchley Park (Southern River)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Eky, 27th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Eky

Eky Member

Hi guys

Just wondering which land would be more profitable in buying to build a house on for long turm. Rosehill Waters seems to be in a better location and the land is a little more expensive as compared to Southern River.

I just want to know what will be a better purchase in the long term. I am after a 450 square metre block size and I am a first home buyer.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Bletchley Park - UK?
    Is South Guildford next to Auburn?

You may consider this. Linky

3. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

If the motive is profit, then you're pretty much asking us which is better out of crappy option #1 and crappy option #2. Why limit yourself to those two?

Plus, isn't South Guildford under some major flight paths?

Phase2 likes this.
  4. Eky

Eky Member

These locations are in Western Australia. I was just wondering what would be a more desirable location in the future.

5. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

A better question might be I have $300k to $350 and want a block about 450m2

From another thread. Maybe buy a block in Willagee and strata it and sell half.

6. Eky

Eky Member

Ohh haha I would like to build in a new estate and I visited both. How are these both crap locations

7. thatbum

Because they generally have worse rents and growth prospects than other property purchase options in a similar price bracket.

I'm just talking in a pure financial sense mind you, so if this is for where you will be living, there's those personal factors to take into account.

But for an IP those two options would be near the bottom of my list.

8. Eky

Eky Member

I see, I have around 350-370k to spend on land and I want a new estate with at least 450square meter land so any ideas? but if I was to choose between these 2 locations which one would be prefured?

9. thatbum

Why does it have to be a new estate though? You realise that as a general rule, a new estate is bad for investment compared to an established area or property?

That also means your potential first home will be in the 500k plus range right? You have so many options in Perth for that amount, and if you care about the financial side, most of them would be better financially than the two crappy options you've mentioned so far.

FYI, I'd probably pick South Guildford if it was me, but I don't mind airplane noise. Lots of people do though, which will affect resale value.

Eky likes this.
  10. Eky

Eky Member

I am really new to the property market so I am not really aware of what to do and with new estates at least I have a guid to follow and help me out each step of the way. Was there any other suburbs that u would recommend to have a look at ?

11. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

"Just wondering which land would be more profitable in buying to build a house on for long turn."

Have a look where all the new sub divisions were 20+ years ago. How many of them are desirable suburbs today?

12. SSG

SSG Well-Known Member

Hi Eky,

If you have to choose from these two options, I would pick bletchley park as I believe it is in the Harrisdale SHS zone.

The principal of Harrisdale SHS was previously the principal of Rossmoyne SHS for 10 years (creditable management). Plus the area (harrisdale, piara waters) has a big portion of young Asian families who have a culture to focus on education achievement of children (good student base). These two together give a high chance to result in an excellent public high school in the future.

Try to pick a block that is close to both park and shopping center. If the new estate also has a reputation of great high school, you will see capital growth in the future.

However, I feel that future will not happen in short term (10~15 years wait minimum in my guess).

Eky likes this.
  13. Eky

Eky Member

That dose make sense, there is a lot of aspects to consider, the only issue with Bletchley Park is that it is a long drive from my work and my wife’s with as we both work at RPH. That’s why I was kind of leaning more towards south Guildford as it’s a lot closer to Perth CBD.

Will this have a huge impact on on the house if market? Cause generally the closer the suburb is to the city the more valuable it is. And South Guildford is around premium suburbs like Ascott, redcliff, Maylands ect

14. SSG

SSG Well-Known Member

Of course if you have specific requirement, your choice needs to suit.

Distance and easy access to CBD is definitely important. However we still see a lot of closer suburbs have lower mid price than some other blue chip suburbs that are farther. There are other reasons to determine the price. For the newer estates I personally feel the city distance is not the primary factor to consider as they are normally farther than established suburbs. Also given that there are still many development/supply in the established suburbs closer to CBD, potential buyers who cares the CBD distance are already offered better options. Therefore, in my view, the market who choose farther new estate will be motivated by other primary reasons, which could be new and good facility/community, excellent school, life style(beach or covinnience), safety or cost etc.

However no one can predict the future right especially if it is in a long term. But it is always a supply and demand game, in a new estate that will always have a lot of supply in many years, to have capital gain, you would bet something to happen there to change the demand. For me a good SHS might have a chance.

But you have to choose an option that works for your own situation.

15. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

But mind you with that "good student base", your kids would be studying in a highly stressful studying environment with every mark counts. Not to mention the the Asian parents' using the old East German approach to training athletes adopted for training students. Tuitions, tuitions and more tuitions...

I would rather having a good living environment such as South Guildford and let the kids enjoy more a balanced and natural environment. But then I am one who don't believe academic excellence is everything. Stand corrected...

Propin and SSG like this.
  16. thatbum

For someone new to property, I would normally be strongly recommending to buy an established property rather than building or a house and land package. That's not even taking into account the financial aspect either.

I mean, you're essentially saying that you're happy to have the "guide to follow and help you out each step of the way" to be a salesperson who's mostly interested in making a buck from you.

Hardly the type of person I'd be relying on in spending my first half a million dollar property purchase.