NSW Roof (tiles) restoration Sydney

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by andy ngo, 14th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. andy ngo

andy ngo Well-Known Member

hi All

Iam looking for roof(tile) restoration in sydney? do you know anyone good?

thanks
    regards

2. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Unless you are selling, this is not the best time to do roof restoration in Sydney. Roofers are extremely busy and most good ones are booked until end of summer. Start of winter is usually the best time for any non-urgent roof work.

3. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

I recently requested 3 quotes to re bed 67 glazed terracotta ridge capping tiles.

Each "quote" was done from Google earth

Each "quote" was full of fluff (listing many things, from replace broken tiles *with tiles supplied by owner, or to pressure wash and seal).

Prices for roof restoration including pressure wash, re bed/point undercote and paint were cheaper than a bit of patching :confused:

It can't be that hard, they sell coloured bedding compound at Bunnings :p

4. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

What was your quote?

I just received a restoration quote for 14.4 k

Funny AF

:rolleyes:o_O

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  5. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I wonder why glazed terracotta would need resealing! It’s aleady sealed.

That’s as bad as the scam companies who tell people that concrete tiles get porous and brittle with age! And that - of course - they can ‘fix’ this problem (that doesn’t really exist).

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  6. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

$14.4k? LOL

You got to be joking - please post that business I would like to use them :)

I just got a 3 bedroom house done (not a complete restoration) but to replace all broken tiles and to recap all the edges for $1500.

You dont need to wash or spray paint the tiles unless you want to sell and make it look new otherwise your just wasting money.

Joynz and Michael Mitchell like this.
  7. OPM

OPM New Member

Hi, was the $1500 in Sydney? I have just received a quote for $4750 to redo ridge capping on a single storey 4 bed in north western Sydney. Are you able to tell me who you used please.
    I have also had the roof leaking in my PPOR in Sydney and we have not had excessively heavy rain where we are. I am wondering whether the long damp summer has caused movement in the timber trusses which has opened up cracks in the ridge capping.

8. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Where did u get that quote? At that price you should watch a few Youtube videos and try to do it yourself. Ridge capping mortar is VERY easy to apply. Just use a grinder to smooth out the existing mortar and apply new mortar.

If you know how to tile and apply mortar with a spatula you can do this. Spare roof tiles just get yourself from Tile Factory outlet for $5 a piece unless they are terracotta ones which will be slightly more.

Your best option is to list your job in Hipages, Service Seeking or Airtasker. There are heaps of roofers on there.

9. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

care to share ?

10. OPM

OPM New Member

The repointing quote was from a building maintenance company who the property manager called out to look at a roof leak. They have fixed the immediate leak but recommended that the ridge capping is in poor condition and should be repointed. Roofing contractors will be in high demand at the moment so i will wait a few months and then get some quotes. Thanks for the tips re Airtasker etc.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.