Roof repair and/or restoration

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Catalyst, 31st Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Catalyst

Catalyst Well-Known Member

i think the roof of our 70s PPOR need some love. Been having some minor issues with flaking or staining in a few ceiling areas. Externally some of the roof tiles are looking tired.

Not sure whether to get it fixed, or go the whole way. Clean, restore, reprint and what have you with roofs.

Anyone done anything with their roofs? How much did you spend?

Recommendation for Roof guy in Perth? Not sure what these tradesmen are called :D

2. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Yes. Had one done not long ago. Replaced 70 tiles.repointed all. Pressure cleaned. Sealed and painted x2 coates of my chosen colour. Cost 2.4k. Concrete tiles. About 120-150sqm roof. Only two sides to the roof so easy.

Pm me if you want me to dig up his details.

3. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

I am in the process of getting my roof done. They have washed it down and repointed all the ridge capping, replaced all broken tiles, fixed up flashing around chimney and they are painting 2mrw. They said with the left over paint they will paint my carport and colourbond fence for a case of beer. Cost is $2300. Well worth the month for piece of mind and a new looking roof.

Last edited: 1st Nov, 2015
  4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I didn't know that they could print ridge cappings @Brian84

Are they replacing the soak tray on the chimney or just the overflashing?

5. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

Yea it's a new thing out now. I thought everyone was reprinting their ridge cappings lol. Just fixed up the mistake.

They are just fixing the lead around the chimney and then painting over it.

6. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

3d printing is the future! You just need an extension lead and throw your laser printer on the roof, job done

Those prices are very reasonable!
    I "borrowed " a bag of grout from work and had a go at re pointing myself after a joker gave me a massive price. I showed him

7. Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Those prices look good - I did a roof myself 7 years ago and the cost of materials and waterblaster/ sprayer hire was close on $1200. Replacement tiles can be found from demolition crowds around Perth for next to nothing if you have broken tiles.

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Well-Known Member

Thanks @Stu

Told hubby he's not allowed to go up to the roof. He does most of the repairs and rents around the house himself. We live in a double storey house :p

Stu likes this.
  9. Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Nah its lots of fun @Catalyst - use the waterblaster wrong and you end up with nice soggy ceilings as well!

Catalyst likes this.