Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

ROMA QLD IP - How to sell the IP

Discussion in 'General Property Chat' started by JJ1081, 15th May, 2016.

1. JJ1081

JJ1081 Member

Hi All,

I purchased the house and land package for $420k in Roma QLD in 2013. Construction started in early 2014 and half way through builder went into administration and finished the construction through QBCC in Jun 2015. This IP is currently rented out with $330pw but I want to sell this property as Roma has fallen with property prices and rents have fallen from $550 to $295 pw.
    Any idea how can I sell this house or any other strategy to make up the loss. I am not sure what could be the house price in this current market situation in Roma QLD.

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Roma has been affected by the mining downturn.

A quick look at realestate.com.au should give you an accurate idea of asking prices for similar houses. Look up sold prices to see what is actually being paid.
    Marg

3. JJ1081

JJ1081 Member

Thanks Marg,

The problem with Roma is there are total 9 sells in Roma for this year. So you can imagine how slow the market is. That is why I want to know what can be done as alternative to sell the property in very slow (stall) property market.

4. lucy

lucy New Member

We are in the same situation with Roma, it is such nuisance that property prices have gone down dramatically. We are most likely looking to sell early next year, just hoping the market rises a bit over spring once the new hospital is built in September. Time will tell I suppose...........