Rollcall of lenders still doing 90% LVR for investment?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by wombat777, 19th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I'd like a rollcall of lenders that are still doing 90% LVR for investment and at what interest rate.

I'm hoping to do 90% with no LMI via St George ( Chartered Engineer ), but interested to see what others might be available.

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

virtually all except a few minor exceptions.

wombat777 likes this.
  3. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Few lenders still doing - off the top of my head:

1. CBA
    2. NAB
    3. Firstmac
    4. Homeloans
    5. ME
    6. Macquarie
    7. RAMS

However note that a lot are 90% including LMI capped.

Professional package occupations (medico, accountants, engineers, poli's, celebs, etc) can all get 90% even with St George and Westpac.

380 and wombat777 like this.
  4. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Easier to discuss lenders that aren't going above 80% for investors. The lenders that have restricted LVR weren't really on the radar for the investment market anyway. The challenge isn't LVR, it's lending policies which isn't something most people see or understand.

5. TheSackedWiggle

TheSackedWiggle Well-Known Member

Do you mean the amount lenders are ready to lend?

6. Peter_Tersteeg

Of course they're still lending to investors. They've simply raised the bar, they haven't stopped playing the game.

That said, I may have found a way to completely ignore some of the policies that have been the causing peoples affordability to drop so dramatically. There's some things that can be done to extend peoples serviceability well beyond what lenders are currently allowing.

7. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Like what?

8. paper

paper Well-Known Member

Hi Peter:
    If paid off the home loan (loan still open), want to buy a IP without much saving in the offset account, does the banks/lenders will rent the borrower 90-100% ? Or what will be the better strategy to ask from the banks?
    Please advice

Kmac likes this.
  9. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Paper you would still be able to borrow 100% of the purchase price + acquisition costs it is merely a matter of how you structure it.

Keep the loans separate. Use the PPOR to raise the deposits etc and then take out a 80-90% lvr on the individual IP itself.

With no non deductible PPOR loan you could look at paying down some of the debt and starting to create an income from the property or take out an interest only loan with 100% offset account.

Cheers

Richard

10. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Easy peasy - there's your funds for deposit/costs then.

Cheers

Jamie

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

Tease! Can I buy a clue?

12. Peter_Tersteeg

Not on a public forum.

I haven't been able to fully map out a complete investment strategy yet, still gathering information. What I can say is that if you're already maxed out in serviceability, it won't work. It's more a strategy to almost indefinitely extend the affordability you've got.

cheekykoon and mcarthur like this.
  13. mcarthur

Ok, I'm definitely interested. My broker has just said serviceability means next purchase is down to 400k or so instead of 800+. I was going to go into Brisbane again, but if there's particular things I need to structure/choose, then I need to know now as this next will max me out on serviceability - deposit isn't a problem!

Can I contact you privately on this?

14. paper

paper Well-Known Member

Thanks Richard.
    The truth is the bank has asked me to cross my home loan to the 1st IP. With no experience, I did it until I find it out recently. I am not very happy for it. I have paid off 30% my IP (I+P=loan) but not much deposit left in the offset account.

As I learn from the forum, I have to either pay off 70% asap or can I have 2nd thought to look for buy 2nd IP, say in 2 yrs. Which one will be better option? Should I ask other banks to open new loan for me?

Please advice.

Thanks

15. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Hi paper

You will need to release the PPOR as security for the first IP in order to access the equity and use as deposit for IP #2. Untangle it now and get it right so you are not limited going forward.

All lenders are going trying and encourage you to X the loans as it is in their interest to do so.

Avoid the Banks directly and get a broker to do it for you so it is set up correctly.

Cheers

Richard

16. Peter_Tersteeg

Happy to chat to you about it, but as I said, I'm still figuring out the details and which lenders where it will or won't work.

17. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Get your broker to see if you can fit into Homeloans Classic, FirstMac or Homeloans Accelerate.

Those three work now and unless you fall outside policy, your borrowing power wouldn't have halved with them (quite likely higher).

Some info about those lenders, and their policies are in this thread: https://propertychat.com.au/communi...e-income-in-the-new-lending-environment.1315/

Cheers,
    Redom

18. mcarthur

Thanks Redom, but I'm assuming Peter's got something better in mind than simply going to lenders with less serviceability constraints.
    It appears to be much harder now for a broker to steer a medium-term (say 3-8 yr) path through the lending institutions to match an investor's strategy as the rules are still changing. I'm hoping Peter's statement indicates he's getting closer to one that doesn't simply entail going through increasingly riskier (personal comment!) institutions... :)

Jamie Moore likes this.
  19. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Changing the topic slightly, what are the current interest rates ( with or without discounts ) that lenders are currently offering for investment loans.

The loan for my 1st IP negotiated back in March is 4.69% fixed-interest with CBA.

I'd like to see what rates are possible at 90% LVR for investment purposes.

20. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Its very dangerous fixing in this market - you are locking yourself with a lender and potentially locking yourself out of an equity. Lender's are making potentially huge changes to their credit policies so things may look ok today but not so tomorrow.

If that happens then you wont be able to refinance without incurring huge break costs.