Rogue's Gallery: Mark Rolton, Brad Sugars Dymphna Boholt et al

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by CU@THETOP, 1st Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. CU@THETOP

CU@THETOP Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Jul, 2015
    charttv, ellejay, Tekoz and 4 others like this.
  2. CU@THETOP

3. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

4. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

I'd question why you feel the need to title the thread " rogues gallery " .

Cliff

5. CU@THETOP

Mainly to optimize their visibility on a Google search.
    My views on Rolton are contained in the link- my opinion is that the option brigade generally take aim on elderly/ ill informed people sitting on valuable realty with transactions that parties would not enter into they had received competent and honest legal advice;
    Brad Sugars - recently folded one of his companies from memory with a lot of debt attached. Perfectly legal- but my view iswhen a director of a company runs up debts and folds I have to have concerns about dealing with them. How do I know their current company isn't going to fold- effectively ripping me off.
    Dymphna- Where to start? http://www.couriermail.com.au/busin...s-seminar-claims/story-fnihsps3-1227339462708

So what is an "educator?'. What requirements do I need to hold to practice as one on the property spruiker circuit? Nil. Not even a financial adviser's certificate. Doctors need to go through processes to give medical advice- look what can happen: http://media.smh.com.au/video-news/video-nsw-news/naturopath-arrested-6672622.html

So we have people charging big bucks but effectively no accountability or sanction for poor advice. Effectively anyone can be an educator. So, you say, it's the punter's own fault for not doing their due diligence. I disagree- that's like blaming the victim for the crime.

If this thread goes some way to alerting people to information other than the self supporting statements contained in the spruiker/guru/educator's advertising materials then happy days.

So why would I put Nathan in here you ask Aaron?
    http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106935&highlight=binvested&page=1
    http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104996&highlight=binvested&page=1
    To be fair much of the flak for Nathan arises from his property management service.

I couldn't edit the thread title and I didn't want to start a new thread- but I reserve my right to do so.That's why I put it there.

Chris_R, Tekoz and TDITD like this.
  6. Massland Team Member

Massland Team Member New Member

Hi CU@THETOP -

You might want to reconsider how you name your forum thread...it misrepresents our company and our CEO, Mark Rolton. At Massland, we're more than happy to receive feedback from our customers but take exception to people hiding behind a keyboard to post inflammatory labels based on absolutely no evidence. While we work directly with sellers, we encourage them to seek independent legal advice when signing an option document. We pride ourselves on focussing on our sellers needs to ensure they are happy with any transaction they undertake with us. Our reputation is far too important to jeopardise over any single transaction. If a seller is not happy to move forward, we'll happily walk away from a property. We undertake hundreds of transactions with satisfied customers every year. We encourage anyone who may have any questions to contact us directly by email - [email protected].
    Thanks very much, Massland team

7. CU@THETOP

Thanks for that. If your organization does that then I suppose I should take issue with your teaching method as I saw the carnage caused by one of your students to two elderly brothers up Ipswich way. Tell you what, rather than "he said she said" arguments can you tell me how the course stacks up to this guys 55 point checklist?;
    http://www.johntreed.com/BSchecklist.html

He may be a Yank but I think he's spot on and I share many of his views.

Here are a few questions for you:
    1.Will the option fee always be non refundable?
    2. Does the fee cover the owner's holding costs?
    3.Does the option deed allow for a unilateral extension of the option period by the option holder?
    4. Are the options for longer than 12 months? If so why? Is it to speculate on a rising market given that you should be able to get a DA approved in that time?
    5. Are you willing to disclose some options that have settled in the last 12 months in the SEQ area for verification purposes?
    6. How many of your students have actually entered an option within 3 years of undertaking your course? I would like to know the success rate.
    7. Of the successful options how many were legally represented at the time of entering the option and had legal advice on the document?
    8. Were the lawyers used referred by your company?
    9.Does Massland/Rolton/associated entity make more money from option deals or teaching/mentoring etc?

That will do for starters. If you put a product in the market place expect scrutiny.

Now two other things. Will you debate on this forum or will you try to shift any debate to behind closed doors or on a website that you have control over? (That's a Brad Sugars routine isn't it?)
    Additionally I found it hilarious that Massland had registered a website markroltonscam.com.au which deals with mark rolton's cam.
    http://166.62.17.114/archieves/inde...mb3JtZXIuY29tL21hcmtyb2x0b25zY2FtLmNvbS5hdQ==
    Now as for what I suspect is a veiled threat about reconsidering the thread title: I am happy to if you convince me of your organization's merits. Answer the above questions in an open forum.
    Given the thread was directed at Rolton and not Massland pty Ltd I'm unsure on why the company is weighing in on this- but I suspect a guru would not sully himself with responding. The problem with litigation is that it opens all sorts of unpleasant and embarrassing facts during the disclosure stage.

You will note Peter Spann was not in the title thread. I am sceptical of Peter Spann's teaching but he was not shy to argue the point on Somersoft so I have some respect for that. I am humble enough to admit promptly when I am wrong.

Bill Aim High, datto, Tekoz and 4 others like this.
  8. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Tekoz likes this.
  9. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Thanks for the link,,
    The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shockproof s*** detector.
    - Ernest Hemingway

WattleIdo likes this.
  10. Massland Team Member

Massland Team Member New Member

Thanks for your comments CU@THETOP, we're more than happy to respond.

First and foremost, Massland’s core business is development. While we do offer educational courses, this is a very small part of what we do. Our options are generally 24 months to enable us to get development approval in that time and are always refundable. The owner always seeks independent legal advice.

We have done many options in the past twelve months in the South East Queensland region at Burpengary, Boronia Heights, Doolandella and Bundamba – these sites are currently in the various stages of development http://massland.com.au/projects/residential/

We'd encourage you to contact us directly if you'd like any further information and we'd be happy to help. Email: [email protected]

11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Hilarious....a typical response..from spruikers....common boys....get a life...what reputation//...it is non-existent!!

You want tp defend things...well there is a thing called social media and it is the greatest equalizer...do the wrong thing and others hear...do the right thing the others hear.

The tribe has spoken!! :D

Oh...by the way...if Mark Rolton wants to defend his reputation perhaps he needs to grow some cohones.....and post in defence...I am sure there is misunderstanding..and this forum is an excellent means to defend his sullied reputation!

Daryl and Tekoz like this.
  12. CU@THETOP

I'll ignore the fact that you've hardly addressed any questions I've raised but we'll have a look at one of your projects- Vantage South. Took me a while to figure out from your website where it actually was- the RP data shows 131 Rockfield rd 1.01h ucv 910k purchased 31/12/14 for 1.3 mill from Zhou & Han. Same day ML Doolandella pl purchased 125 Rockfield for 1.3mill also 910ucv & 1.01h from Aus Asia Int Inv p.l.
    https://pdonline.brisbane.qld.gov.a...tyMaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&Key=533028
    Ok that looks like a little ripper. Not my cup of tea-too far out but that's your business model and it seems to work for you.

So we can determine you had at least one option and probably two. DA lodged 7 May 14 and granted 27 March 15. This is what the forum wants clarified-or at least I do. What was the option fee? Was it deducted from the final price to be paid or was it a stand alone payment? Did the owners have the same lawyers or different ones? Who paid outgoings during the waiting period?
    I couldn't see too many comparatives but it looks like you picked them up at market price? How do you convince a seller to lock up a property for two years so they can sell it to you only at market value? I would expect a premium if I was a seller given the delay.

I'll look into your other developments if I get the time.
    Nice touch with the referral fee!
    http://massland.com.au/referral/

TDITD, wylie and willair like this.
  13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I went to see Mark Rolton talk awhile ago and I was so unimpressed.

I perceived him to be very rude to the audience that came on stage to help him. He came across as an extremely smooth salesmen but didn't really care about the people he was trying to recruit. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. That was my impression.

adam duckworth and beachgurl like this.
  14. Aaron Sice

which is not spruiking or incorrect advice or even subjective advice - it's a service based complaint trail that has nothing to do with the model of BInvested.

just be careful with how you group individuals here - i'll PM you why.

15. Aaron Sice

Some 'backdoor' answers from those that no longer wish to remain under the ML fold were that many numbers of devvy sites are simply sourced and bought, no option required or used.

Again, no confirming or denying provided from the source, so left to reasonably imply outcomes.

16. CU@THETOP

17. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I guess the thread is advocating transparency, would be good if you could post it here.
    If you're scared of repercussions you could delete actual names.

Aaron Sice likes this.
  18. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

"Her alleged property investing acumen has previously run foul of the ACCC, which sued over her “Wildly Wealthy Women” mentoring program in 2005. After claiming to be a millionaire owner of more than 60 properties, she later swore an affidavit which said this was untrue."

Awesome.

"Why does she do so many of those seminars if her properties generate positive cash flow?"

This question should be kept in mind when considering the opinion of all spruikers.

19. Soul

Soul Well-Known Member

A friend paid good $$ and attended her seminars. I do not know what he learnt, but soon after the training he took action. He bought three properties in his nearby suburbs in Sydney and put granny flats on two of them, that was in 2012.

20. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Are you able to tell us how much the good $$ were?
    I'm sure the stories aren't all bad.