VIC RockBank Expansion-8,000 Homes

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Coota9, 29th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

A former green wedge area in Melbourne's West will make way for a massive new suburb after the Victorian government announced plans to transform Rockbank(29 kms northwest of the CBD)into a new suburb for 25,000 people.

Rockbank sits between Caroline Springs and Melton with the new suburb situated close to the Rockbank train station,which is currently only serviced via V/Line trains.

What are people's thoughts on how this will effect CG in area's such as Caroline Springs and indeed Melton medium term?

Last edited: 29th Aug, 2015
  2. Soul

Soul Well-Known Member

All I see is land from Tarneit to Melton. Development plans for Diggers Rest, Sunbury and west of Craigeburn.

That said, First home buyers were buying into Caroline Springs and high investor activity in Footscray and Sunshine/ Braybrook area.

3. Player

Player Well-Known Member

I used to harp on about this on the Somersoft forum. Steve Bracks did a back flip on the green wedge before he handed over the reigns to John Brumby.

Where there are now thistles, it's going to be wall to wall housing for as far as the eye can see. It will affect Caroline Springs because a significant portion of the housing stock there is quite nice owner occupier. Melton has different price point. Overall however, I doubt it will augur well for the west and south west corridor. Over-supply aplenty coming on board with little infrastructure in place.

4. Johann_

Johann_ Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I live in Deer Park only a few KM away from Caroline springs. In my opinion areas such as Taylors Hill, Caroline Springs, Tarneit and even Melton will have a negative effect from this development.
    8000 new homes is quiet allot and I can see a problem that some parts of Tarneit have had.
    Empty homes, over supply of investment properties and more importantly limited or negative growth.

juzzy and Soul like this.