Rock Building Society ( Part of MyState)

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Excalibur1, 14th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Excalibur1

Excalibur1 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Just wanted to get your thoughts on Rock Building Society? My broker is advising me to refinance with them. I just wanted to see if there is anyone else who dealt with them and wanted to hear their thought?

We plan on moving our PPOR home loan to them. We would only have the home loan with them and nothing else.

cheers

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

What's the reason the broker is recommending them? If it's just rate, it might not be the best place to go, depending on your future investment plans. What LVR are you looking at?

3. Excalibur1

It is serviceability issue and they seem to be only ones that will push it through. I think I have taken maximum equity out of the PPOR. I don't intend to take equity out for next 2 years. At that time I would refinance if needed. I would be at 80% LVR

4. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

They are ok - like Jess understand that product vs the others your broker has recommended. May be servicing. They are established and Tassie based. From memory they have a 3.99% rate on PPOR but so does a heap of other lenders.

Cheers Ivan

5. Jen--jen

Jen--jen Member

I've had a mortgage with them previously, they were based in Rockhampton. From memory they were great and we didn't have any dramas.

6. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

We used to love

SMSF

fixed with offset

dont do either anymore.........

of the lenders that do 3.99 PI, id prefer to work with them

ta
    rolf

7. Excalibur1

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Good to hear you guys have not encountered any major problems with them.

8. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Their service times have recently blown out with the new special rate. The merger may prove troublesome, but unlikely as they are both small regional lenders.
    I use them because they can do fhb with only 2.5% gen savings, along with a couple of others, they allow the fhog funds at land settlement and do 97% for construction.

I love they don't have loan numbers or broker ID numbers. You ring up and give the customers name. With everyone else you need to have to remember your individual banks broker number, the application number and your mothers maiden name before you can speak to the assessor.

9. Mick C

Mick C Well-Known Member

They are good, decent cash out policy for investors as well..but due to APRA changes their servicing is average, so ok if you have a decent income.

Pro
    - Friendly post settlement
    - Cheap rate 3.99%
    - No fees
    - No on going fees + 100% offset
    - Cash out allowed

Con
    - Slow on approval
    - No upfront valuation

10. Mick C

Mick C Well-Known Member

^ yea very old school and a bit outdated....given they use manual application forms as well :(
    Im surprised they dont get confessed if at any one time 2 clients with the same last name and initial applied...