QLD Rochedale South/Springwood/Daisy Hill

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by bne123, 13th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bne123

bne123 Active Member

Hi guys, looking for some opinions.

Currently looking at getting my first PPOR under 500K (ideally below 450K) and wondering what area other people would choose out of the three suburbs?

I am looking for at least 3 bedrooms, >600sqm and thinking of converting it into an investment property after 1 year.

Which area do you think would increase the most in terms of capital gain/land values?

I quite like Daisy Hill as it seems most family friendly and the houses around John Paul College seem to be rented out quite well? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Appreciate any insights and thoughts!

2. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

All three are good choices. If you are thinking about converting it to an IP after one year I'd look to buy either something that requires renovating to add value or buy under market value, look for a distressed seller or mortgagee. I wouldn't rule out Shailer Park or Loganholme either they are both great suburbs being close to the Logan Hyperdome which will only expand over time.

Blueskies and bne123 like this.
  3. Frosty123

Frosty123 Well-Known Member

I own an IP in Daisy Hill.
    Much better quality tenants than you'll get in other areas of Logan.

4. bne123

bne123 Active Member

Definitely seems a lot better than other areas of Logan :)

Do you mind sharing what kind of house you bought at what price and how much it's being rented out for? Is it quite easy to find tenants in Daisy Hill?

5. Frosty123

Frosty123 Well-Known Member

I purchased a 3 BR, Study and 1 Bath in 2016 for around that $415k mark.
    I've had the same tenants in there since the start, and had the property leased out at $400/week, this has now been increased to $420/week.

We had plenty of applicants when we originally leased it out, so plenty of options.
    Given it is a family area, you'd want to be looking at 3 or 4 bedroom houses IMO.

6. bne123

bne123 Active Member

Sounds great! The yield would be quite nice :)

Is the house located around JPC? I am finding the prices are definitely higher compared to lower part of Daisy Hill. Not sure if it would be just as easy to rent the lower part out compared to around JPC?

7. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

No problems renting out anywhere around Daisy Hill and surrounding suburbs if the property is in a decent condition and priced properly.

8. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

All good choices for first home. Could also consider Underwood in that group

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia