Technology & Social Media Robots.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Bran, 16th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Won't be vaccines. Why prevent what you can fix easily in only those effected. And what injuries? Without humans commanding vehicles, motor vehicle accidents should never occur. What else can/will be prevented?

Last edited: 17th Jun, 2016
    Xenia likes this.
  2. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

In this vein (pun intended), what do you guys and girls think is the craziest bit of tech that we take for granted?

I think speaking into a phone to gain directions to anywhere is pretty mindblowing.
    Or "simply" taking a photo with your little phone, and transmitting it to anyone, anywhere.

3. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Some of you know that part of my practice is robotic surgery, and I envisage will become close to 100% within 5-10 years.Here's a sneak peek(s). We put this in through a tiny hole.

Dan Donoghue, Hodor, MTR and 2 others like this.
  4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Mobile phone! Good for social media but they are so powerful and can connect you with the world and any piece of info you want. Plus with Google they know what you're eating for breakfast and your bowel movements before you do! Google is the "Oracle"

5. bob shovel

6. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Just on the topic of medicine, genomics is the other big thing on the horizon. When we know how a person specifically metabolises a drug, then we can have very accurate doses of drugs. Eg, 500mg paracetamol might work on person A, but person B might need 800mg to get the same effect and for person C paracetamol might not even work. We will all eventually have our personal genomes mapped and doctors wiill be able to precisely prescribe meds for our specific bodies. That will be amazing.

7. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

It will need to go beyond mapping genes, epigenetics and environment play a more important role than the dna blueprint

you are right that drugs work on body mass index so perhaps dispensing an exact amount would be more accurate.

Human emotions play a huge part in dis- ease and it's something completely missed by the current medical profession. How will robotics address this?

LibGS likes this.
  8. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

They won't, or they won't need to.

Check out "Ellie" the robot psychiatrist - people disclosed more than to a robot rather than a human.
    And emotions are all chemistry after all, will be manipulable far more than it already is now.

I don't really care if it (life) is manufactured, as long as it's good :)

Once we crack all the keys, we are on the verge of living for 300-400 years+. To house the population will change the world as we know it, of course. We will have to go up.

MTR and Xenia like this.
  9. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Bran, post: 234734, member: 496"
    Once we crack all the keys, we are on the verge of living for 300-400 years+. To house the population will change the world as we know it, of course. We will have to go up.[/QUOTE]
    I fear the time that will happen. There will be a massive chasm between the haves and the have-nots. Can't feed everybody in the world. The rich will be able to live for hundreds of years, whilst the poor will continue to die young.

10. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I fear the time that will happen. There will be a massive chasm between the haves and the have-nots. Can't feed everybody in the world. The rich will be able to live for hundreds of years, whilst the poor will continue to die young.[/QUOTE]

This is true. Choose your side (I think we already have).

MTR likes this.
  11. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Then Gattaca will be a reality and your role in society won't be decided by your achievements but your genetics and their potential or lack there of, at least to some extent. OK that example is a little extreme, still this technology is a double edge sword that will be exploited by some.

Perthguy likes this.
  12. bob shovel

I fear the time that will happen. There will be a massive chasm between the haves and the have-nots. Can't feed everybody in the world. The rich will be able to live for hundreds of years, whilst the poor will continue to die young.[/QUOTE]

Like that Justin timberlake (jt ;) )movie with the classes and the time on their arms

mrdobalina likes this.
  13. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Bran, maybe consider buying some stock in IBM?